Issues Of Race In America To Be Discussed At Aspen Institute Symposium
Dialogue open to the public and media. Registration required.
March 20, 2017 --
WASHINGTON, March 20, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Aspen Institute, in association with Comcast NBCUniversal, will convene amorning of discussions entitled, The Aspen Institute Symposium on the State of Race in America. The Symposium is intended to explore new attitudes, opportunities, and challenges for and about people of color in 21st century America. Public discussions will focus on The Wealth Gap and The Future Dialogue on Race.
More information and a live-stream of key sessions will be available at: as.pn/stateofrace
Editor's Note: Press and public can register at https://aspeninstitute.wufoo.com/forms/z1rdatwr13e0c5c/
Who: Opening remarks delivered by David L. Cohen, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer of Comcast NBCUniversal andCharles M. Firestone, Executive Director of the Aspen Institute Communications and Society Program.
Other speakers include:
- James Clyburn, Congressman, 6th District, South Carolina
- Richard Lui, Anchor, NBC News and MSNBC
- Juan Williams, Political Analyst, Fox News
- Michele Norris, Founding Director, The Race Card Project and
Former Host, NPR
- Khizr Khan, Gold Star Father of Muslim-American Fallen Soldier
- Reihan Salam, Executive Editor, National Review
- Adam Foss, Juvenile Justice Reformer
- Tanzina Vega, National Reporter for Race and Inequality, CNNMoney
- Rakesh Kochhar, Associate Director of Research, Pew Research Center
- Lillian Rodriguez Lopez, Vice President, Stakeholders Relations, The Coca-Cola Company
- Thomas Shapiro, Professor, Brandeis University and Author, Toxic Inequality: How America's Wealth Gap Destroys Mobility, Deepens the Racial Divide, and Threatens Our Future
- Omar Wasow, Assistant Professor, Princeton University and Co-Founder, Blackplanet.com
When: April 4, 2017 at 8:30AM 2:00 PM ET
Where: The Newseum, 555 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, DC. Its mission is to foster leadership based on enduring values and to provide a nonpartisan venue for dealing with critical issues. The Institute is based in Washington, DC; Aspen, Colorado; and on the Wye River on Maryland's Eastern Shore. It also has offices in New York City and an international network of partners. For more information, visit www.aspeninstitute.org.
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company with two primary businesses, Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is one of the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone providers to residential customers under the XFINITY brand and also provides these services to businesses. NBCUniversal operates news, entertainment and sports cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures and Universal Parks and Resorts. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/issues-of-race-in-america-to-be-discussed-at-aspen-institute-symposium-300425562.html
SOURCE The Aspen Institute
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved