JCDecaux Partners with Verizon to Deploy Mobile Charging Digital Stations Throughout Major US Airports
August 25, 2014 --
PARIS, Aug. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announced today that it has completed the rollout of 169 brand new mobile charging digital stations at the four largest international airports in the US: John F. Kennedy International Airport, Newark Liberty International Airport, Miami International Airport and Los Angeles International Airport.
The newly designed mobile charging digital stations provide a unique, in-demand service to 193 million travelers. Each device is equipped with USB ports, regular AC outlets and an innovative wireless recharge device. The units also feature two 32" digital, high definition screens for the exclusive use of Verizon commercial and content messages.
Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE network will be used to deliver digital ads to the kiosks, including messages from Verizon. For more information, about Verizon, please visit http://www.verizonenterprise.com/industry/media/digital-signage/.
Jean-Francois Decaux, Co-Chief Executive Officer of JCDecaux, said: "We are delighted to have partnered with Verizon for the launch of the largest US airport program of sponsored mobile charging stations. Providing an essential service to travelers and a unique brand experience make these new devices a very compelling media asset."
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest and most reliable 4G LTE network. As the largest wireless company in the U.S., Verizon Wireless serves 104.6 million retail customers, including 98.6 million retail postpaid customers. Verizon Wireless is wholly owned by Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. For the latest news and updates about Verizon Wireless, visit our News Center at http://www.verizonwireless.com/news or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNews.
Key Figures for the Group
- 2013 revenues: 2,676m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index
- No.1 worldwide in street furniture (480,400 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 145 airports and more than 276 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (379,000 advertising panels)
- No.1 in Europe for billboards (191,000 advertising panels)
- No.1 in outdoor advertising in the Asia-Pacific region (211,400 advertising panels)
- No.1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (30,000 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide for self-service bicycle hire
- 1,082,400 advertising panels in more than 60 countries
- Present in 3,700 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 11,900 employees
SOURCE JCDecaux SA
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved