Oh, Canada! Kraft Canada and TSN Announce Top 10 Winning Communities For This Year's Kraft Celebration Tour
July 01, 2014 --
- Top 10 winning communities to host a live broadcast of TSN's SPORTSCENTRE from August 15-24 and receive a $25,000 prize -
- Canadians can decide which Top 10 community takes home the grand prize of $100,000 in total by voting at kraftcelebrationtour.ca on July 21 and July 22 -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/1qrgYGy
TORONTO, July 1, 2014 /CNW/ - In celebration of Canada Day, Kraft Canada and TSN today revealed the Top 10 winning communities for this year's Kraft Celebration Tour (#KCT), which helps Canadians build better places to play. Each Top 10 winner receives $25,000 towards their community project, plus for the first time, a chance to take home a total of $100,000 as decided by Canadians over two days of online voting July 21-22 (see below for more details).
All winners will also host a live broadcast of Canada's #1 sports news program, TSN's SPORTSCENTRE, as part of this summer's cross-country tour from August 15-24.
Top 10 Winners
The Top 10 winning communities and Kraft Celebration Tour dates are as follows (click on each community to read more about their community project):
- Outdoor skating rink - Montebello, Que. - Friday, Aug. 15
- Community boathouse - Nanaimo, B.C. - Saturday, Aug. 16
- Youth activity centre and skate park - St. Andrews, N.B. - Sunday, Aug. 17
- Barrhead Curling Club - Barrhead, Alta. - Monday, Aug. 18
- Springhill Lions Park - Springhill, N.S. - Tuesday, Aug. 19
- Kinsmen Water Park - Prince Albert, Sask. - Wednesday, Aug. 20
- Birchwood Field - Charlottetown, P.E.I. - Thursday, Aug. 21
- Holland Recreation Committee - Holland, Man. - Friday, Aug. 22
- Gander Community Tennis Association - Gander , N.L.. - Saturday, Aug. 23
- The Miracle League of Ottawa - Ottawa, Ont. - Sunday, Aug. 24
"We're inspired by each of these Top 10 communities and how they demonstrate their passion and commitment to building better places to play. We're very proud to partner with them to create Kraft Celebration Tour legacies that will live on forever," said Jack Hewitt, Vice President, Consumer Insights and Portfolio Marketing, Kraft Canada. "We can't wait to hit the road with TSN - from Gander to Nanaimo - to celebrate with the Top 10 by raising a cup of Maxwell House and letting our fun out with KD."
"The Kraft Celebration Tour is a tremendous source of pride for all of us at TSN. As Canada's Sports Leader we are devoted to bringing sports to Canadians, and there is nothing quite as rewarding than partnering with Kraft Canada to encourage active living," said Stewart Johnston, President of TSN. "For the sixth summer in a row, we look forward to having SPORTSCENTRE hit the road and uniting Darren, Jennifer, Kate, and Nabil with TSN fans across Canada."
Leading the on-the-road SPORTSCENTRE editions on the West side are anchors Darren Dutchyshen and Kate Beirness. The Eastern leg of the Kraft Celebration Tour is led by anchors Jennifer Hedger and Nabil Karim, the Tour's newest recruit.
- The Top 10 winning communities will go head-to-head in an online voting battle to determine which community will win the grand prize of $100,000 in total
- On July 21 and July 22, it's up to Canada to decide the grand prize winner by casting a vote on kraftcelebrationtour.ca
- The grand prize winner will be announced on SPORTSCENTRE on August 25 - the day after the final Kraft Celebration Tour stop
TSN is Canada's Sports Leader and #1 specialty network. With a broad portfolio of multimedia sports assets, TSN delivers world-class content across industry-leading platforms including TSN2, TSN.ca, TSN GO, and TSN Radio. Official broadcaster of the Grey Cup, IIHF World Junior Championship and FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015, TSN's slate of live sports coverage includes NHL, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLS, Season of Champions Curling, UEFA Euro 2016, MLB, Barclays Premier League, Golf's Majors, NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Canadian Tire Series, F1, Grand Slam Tennis, NCAA March Madness, and Skate Canada events. TSN is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company.
About Kraft Foods Group
Kraft Foods Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: KRFT) is one of North America's largest consumer packaged food and beverage companies, with annual revenues of more than $18 billion. With the spirit of a startup and the soul of a powerhouse, Kraft has an unrivaled portfolio of products in the beverages, cheese, refrigerated meals and grocery categories. The company's iconic brands include Kraft, Capri Sun, JELL-O, Kool-Aid, Lunchables, Maxwell House, Oscar Mayer, Philadelphia, Planters and Velveeta. Kraft's 22,500 employees in the U.S. and Canada have a passion for making the foods and beverages people love. Kraft is a member of the Standard & Poor's 500 and the NASDAQ-100 indices. For more information, visit www.kraftfoodsgroup.com and www.facebook.com/kraft.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved