Chrysler Group and SiriusXM Announce New Five-Year Subscription Services for SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link
June 25, 2014 --
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., June 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Subscription to begin with 2015 model year vehicles and select 2014 model year vehicles equipped with navigation
Chrysler Group LLC and SiriusXM announced today that customers who purchase a properly equipped 2015 Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram Truck vehicle or select 2014 model year (vehicles purchased after July 1) will receive a complimentary five-year subscription to SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link.
"Chrysler group is proud to be working with SiriusXM to deliver connected services designed to help customers stay conveniently connected to their surroundings while maintaining focus on the road," said Al Amici, Head of Uconnect Systems and Services Chrysler Group LLC. "SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link are beneficial services that provide drivers with the daily information they need and use to stay informed on the latest entertainment updates and traffic and weather conditions."
The services enable traffic information, detailed fuel prices, weather conditions, sports scores, and schedules and local movie theater listings. Systems that will support the five-year subscription to SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link include Uconnect 8.4AN, Uconnect 8.4N, Uconnect 730N and Uconnect 430N.
"SiriusXM is dedicated to giving Chrysler Group customers the best in-vehicle experience available, whether through our popular audio entertainment or the delivery of helpful information, including the ability to search for the best fuel prices from gas stations across the country," said Robert Anzaroot, Vice President and General Manager, Auto Partnerships, SiriusXM. "We are proud Chrysler Group sees the value of giving its customers a multi-year subscription to SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link. These advance services, along with our great radio programming, make an already terrific driving experience even better."
Customers using SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link have access to a suite of connected services, including:
- Traffic Speed: Color-coded roads on your navigation screen show traffic speed in major metro areas.
- Accidents, Construction, and Road Closures: Receive traffic alerts, including accidents, disabled vehicles, construction and road closures.
- Alternate Route Guidance and Mapping: In-vehicle navigation system and detailed traffic data enable drivers to choose alternate routes and receive updated directions to avoid congested roads.
- Fuel Prices: Get detailed information on fuel prices and the ability to sort by lowest price, fuel type, distance or brand name.
- National Weather Information: Receive coast-to-coast weather data, including current conditions, five-day forecasts and weather maps.
- Sport Scores: In-game and final scores, as well as weekly game schedules for world-class professional sports and college programs.
- Movie Listings: Detailed local movie theater listings, including start times and ratings.Customers purchasing any new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram or Fiat vehicle equipped with satellite radio receive a one-year subscription to SiriusXM's premium programming lineup, including every NFL game, Howard Stern, every NASCAR race, Oprah Radio and MLB Network Radio. The subscription also includes access to SiriusXM Internet Radio on smartphones and other connected devices as well as online at siriusxm.com.
For more information on SiriusXM, please visit www.siriusxm.com.
About Chrysler Group LLCChrysler Group LLC, formed in 2009 to establish a global strategic alliance with Fiat S.p.A., produces Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge SRT, Ram, FIAT and Mopar vehicles and products. With the resources, technology and worldwide distribution network required to compete on a global scale, the alliance builds on Chrysler Group's culture of innovation, first established by Walter P. Chrysler in 1925, and Fiat's complementary technology that dates back to its founding in 1899.
Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Mich., Chrysler Group's product lineup features some of the world's most recognizable vehicles, including the Chrysler 300 and Town & Country, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Dart, Ram 1500, Dodge Viper SRT and Fiat 500. Fiat contributes world-class technology, platforms and powertrains for small- and medium-size cars, allowing Chrysler Group to offer an expanded product line including environmentally friendly vehicles.
Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: SIRI) is the world's largest radio broadcaster measured by revenue and has 25.8 million subscribers. SiriusXM creates and broadcasts commercial-free music; premier sports talk and live events; comedy; news; exclusive talk and entertainment; and the most comprehensive Latin music, sports and talk programming in radio. SiriusXM is available in vehicles from every major car company in the U.S. and from retailers nationwide as well as at shop.siriusxm.com. SiriusXM programming is available through the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for smartphones and other connected devices as well as online at siriusxm.com. SiriusXM also provides premium traffic, weather, data and information services for subscribers in cars, trucks, RVs, boats and aircraft through SiriusXM Traffic, SiriusXM Travel Link, NavTraffic, NavWeather, SiriusXM Aviation, SiriusXM Marine, Sirius Marine Weather, XMWX Aviation, and XMWX Marine. SiriusXM holds a minority interest in SiriusXM Canada which has more than 2 million subscribers.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved