Sports Management Worldwide to Host Annual Hockey Career Conference at the 2014 NHL Draft in Philadelphia June 27-28
Conference admission includes draft tickets as well as opportunities to network with top hockey executives and gain career advice.
June 20, 2014 --
PORTLAND, Ore., June 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Sports Management Worldwide will be hosting their annual hockey career conference at the 2014 NHL Draft, June 27-28 in Philadelphia, home of the Philadelphia Flyers.
Attendees will have a chance to network with top hockey executives as they share their wisdom of how to get ahead in sports business. The conference is available for college credit.
- Experience the heart of the action
- Network with hockey executives
- Get cutting edge career advice
- Gain insight to the NHL Draft from those at the highest level
- Strategies on who is doing the hiring and what you need to get hired
Admission to the conference comes with a complimentary ticket to both days of NHL Draft at the Wells Fargo Center, home of the Flyers.
The conference is a chance to gain valuable insight into a variety of careers in the hockey industry, as well as sports in general. This year's conference will host some of hockey's greatest minds as they discuss the behind the scenes marketing, management, athlete representation, scouting, player personnel, media and broadcasting, and sports career strategies of the hockey business.
Some of this year's speakers include:
- Detroit Red Wings Executive VP & GM Ken Holland
- Calgary President of Hockey Operations Brian Burke
- Boston Bruins former GM Harry Sinden
- NHL Manager, Integrated Marketing Nicole Lee
- NHL Agent Andy Scott and draft prospect Eric Cornel
- NHL Network Senior Reporter E.J. Hradek
- Portland Winterhawks GM & Head Coach Mike Johnston
- Pittsburgh Penguins Director of Communications Jennifer Bullano
- Peterborough Petes GM Mike Oke
- SMWW President Dr. Lynn Lashbrook, NFL Agent
To see a full list of speakers at the conference, and to register, visit SMWW.com or call 503-445-7105.
Registration is limited to the first 125 people and this event has sold out consistently in previous years.
Sports Management Worldwide offers numerous sports job career training programs, specially designed to get you started in a sports job or advance your sports career. In the highly competitive sports industry, sports business skills, sports team experience, and networking are all critical components. SMWW is here to provide quality sports career education, along with the skills that professional teams and sports business specifically crave.
SMWW's eight-week sports-business training programs can be taken via the Internet from anywhere in the world, at your convenience, and include live interactive audio chats with prestigious mentors in your chosen field of study. SMWW offers each student the "what you know" and the "who you know" to advance in sports business. With over 5000 alumni from over 140 countries, Sports Management Worldwide has a proven success ratio.
Sports Management Worldwide's intensive sports career training is strictly for those individuals wanting to enhance their chances of gaining job placement in professional sports management. SMWW can assist you with sports jobs & sports careers in a variety of sports including the NBA, MLB, NHL, NFL, EPL, MLS, NCAA and minor league and international sports.
Sports Management Worldwide
Dr. Lynn Lashbrook
SOURCE Sports Management Worldwide
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved