Cavium to Demonstrate a Broad Range of New SoC Solutions for RAN Core and Cloud Infrastructure at Computex 2014
Demonstrations based on OCTEON??, OCTEON Fusion?? and PureVu?? SoCs
June 02, 2014 --
SAN JOSE, Calif., June 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Cavium Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for enterprise, data center, cloud, wired and wireless networking, today announced a broad range of new SoC solutions for RAN core and cloud infrastructure at Computex 2014. Live product demonstrations based on OCTEON, OCTEON Fusion and PureVu SoCs will take place in Cavium's suite #2412 at the Grand Hyatt hotel from June 3rd 7th.
Cavium's low power OCTEON multi-core SoCs are ideal for range of applications including fan less and POE design. Cavium's SoC processors integrate low power, high performance CPU cores and best in class hardware acceleration.
Cavium's OCTEON Fusion processors deliver industry-leading capacity and throughput for a range of 3G/LTE enterprise and service provider small cell solutions. OCTEON Fusion is based on an advanced multi-core SoC architecture that incudes integrated purpose-built baseband DSP cores, high performance MIPS64 cores, extensive hardware accelerators and digital front end (DFE) processing, all in a single chip.
Cavium's PureVu Media processors offer dedicated cores for secured media processing for low price and power for performance for Set Top Box, Digital TV and High Definition Media player applications. Turnkey reference designs and SDK are available for low cost of development and reduced time-to-market.
During Computex Cavium personnel will demonstrate the following product lines at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Suite 2412:
- OCTEON multi-core processors for a range of energy efficient and high performance platforms.
- Live demo of 802.11ac wireless access point turnkey reference design with TurboDPI-based application recognition and rich security features, based on latestgeneration OCTEON III processor.
- Live demo of security VPN gateway based on latest-generation of OCTEON III processor.
- Demonstration of OCTEON III based headless gateway transcoding and streaming multiple contents using PureVu engine.
- Prosumer Network Attached Storage reference design kit on display with turnkey, production-ready NAS application software.
- OCTEON III ODM partner solutions on display.
- OCTEON Fusion LTE small cell baseband processors for low power, high performance FDD and TDD basestations.
- Live, overtheair TDLTE demonstration of the new lower power, lower cost small cell eNodeB, based on Cavium's manufacturable hardware design kit and deploymentproven LTE stack and management software.
- PureVu highly Integrated media SoCs ideal for universal Hybrid IPTV STBs, IPTV stick clients, wireless display TV adapter, and integrated module designs optimized for pico projectors, and TVs.
- Reference designs based on CNW83xx family of products for lowlatency encodedecode solutions.
- 1080p, USB powered and small footprint with OTT, WiDi, DLNA and Miracast.
To schedule a meeting during Computex, contact your local Cavium account manager or Karen Liu (email@example.com). Please enter COMPUTEX 2014 Meeting Request in the subject line.
About Cavium, Inc.
Cavium is a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for enterprise, data center, cloud, wired and wireless networking. Cavium offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software compatible processors ranging in performance from 100 Mbps to over 100 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data center, broadband/consumer and access & service provider equipment. Cavium's processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium's principal offices are in San Jose, California with design team locations in California, Massachusetts, India and China. For more information, please visit:http://www.cavium.com.
OCTEON, OCTEON Fusion and PureVu are registered trademarks of Cavium, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. Cavium, Inc. 2014.
Note on Forward-Looking Statements
This press release may contain forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and may differ materially from actual future events or results. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions and current expectations. Our actual results and the timing of events could differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements as a result of these risks, uncertainties and assumptions. The risks and uncertainties that could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include but are not limited to development of new products and technologies; quality and performance of our products; whether we are successful in marketing our products; the rate at which our new products are adopted; rate of new design wins; product developments by our competitors; technological advances; pricing pressures; general economic conditions; manufacturing difficulties; and other risks and uncertainties described more fully in our documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. More information about these and other risks that may impact Cavium's business are set forth in the "Risk Factors" section of our Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on May 2, 2014. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to us as of the date hereof and qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement, and we assume no obligation to revise or update these forward-looking statements.
SOURCE Cavium, Inc.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved