FM TV Pilot Premiers at Industry Showcase
May 21, 2014 --
LONDON, May 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
At this year's annual conference ThinkFM celebrated the achievements and milestones within the Facilities Management sector, the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) showcased FM TV, in partnership with television heavyweights ITN Productions. The successful premier accompanied by a drinks reception that took place at Kings Place in the heart of London's Kings Cross. The event, which attracted over 350 delegates, explored the theme of 'workplace' through a series of sessions and guest speakers.
During the conference, BBC Commercial Projects CEO, Chris Kane welcomed the collaboration between BIFM and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), to focus on a number of research and insights projects.
Employment Minister, Esther McVey MP gives her thoughts on the role that FM can play in tackling youth unemployment, social mobility and developing career pathways.
Peter Cheese, Chief Executive, CIPD, spoke to ITN Productions on how the workplace impacts on the workforce and why it is vital that those tasked with managing these key resources need to work together to maximise the value of its employees.
Julie Kortens, Head of Corporate Services at Channel 4 and Chairman of the BIFM shared the creative thinking and cultural importance behind the transformation of Channel 4's head quarters.
Roy Lilley, Health Writer and Commentator also contributed to the FM TV programme by urging the NHS to stand alongside facilities managers as the service braces itself for further reform.
FM TV, hosted by ITN Productions' Natasha Kaplinsky combines FM stories from leading businesses such as Bellrock, EIC Ltd, Interserve, ITConsilium, RBS, Xenon Group, Asure Software and Daikin as well as interviews with BIFM Chairman, Julie Kortens and CEO Gareth Tancred on the latest innovations and best practices contributing to facilities management.
- Bellrock stands in its customers shoes to understand their goals and change facilities management
- Gareth Tancred and Julie Kortens discuss how BIFM is striving to raisestandardswithinFM
- EIC Ltd lends its engineering expertise to The NIA, Birmingham for its latestrefurbishmentproject
- Interserve understands the importance of its people in looking after services for a range of firms
- Esther McVey MP shares her thoughts on supportingthoseinFM with training and work experience
- ITConsilium's 'Permit to Work' system is leading the way of pragmaticsolutionstoglobalproblems
- Julie Kortens, Chairman of the BIFM discusses how the injection of creativitycantransformspaces
- McFarlaneTelfer mix industry experience and global standards to prevent breakdowns
- Deborah Rowland, FMoftheYear2013 tells us how she feels about winning this award
- RBS shares how the Successful Inclusion Programme can help recruitandretaintalent
- RoyLilley, Health Writer and Commentator urges the NHS to stand alongside FM in their restructure
- XenonGroup specialises in teaching qualifications to FM professions and those starting out
- Asure Software is leading the market with agileworkingsolutionstomaximiseproductivity
- Chris Kane, BBC Commercial Projects and Peter Cheese, CIPDdiscussthenewcollaborationwithBIFM
- David Howorth, Managing Director of Mitie Client Sevices discusses talentacquisition
- Liz Kentish, Deputy Chairman of BIFM explains why qualificationsarekey within the Facilities Management sector
- Max Farrell, Partner at Farrells Architect Planners shares the keyfindingsfromtheFarrellReview
- Simon Ashworth, Research Associate at ZHAW shares theresearchundertakenwithintheFMsector
- Tim Oldman, Chief Executive at Leesman Index shares theimpactFMhasonorganisationproductivity
- President & CEO of IFMA Tony Keane shares theimpactofFMonproductivityandrevenue
AboutITNProductions: ITN Productions is ITN's central creative hub producing content for major global brands in the broadcast, online, mobile and corporate sectors.
AbouttheBIFM: The British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) is the professional body for facilities management (FM). Founded in 1993, we promote excellence in facilities management for the benefit of practitioners, the economy and society. Supporting and representing over 14,000 members around the world, both individual FM professionals and organisations, and thousands more through qualifications and training.
To become a member of the BIFM please visit: http://www.bifm.org.uk/bifm/membership
For more information visit http://www.bifm.org.uk or telephone +44(0)1279-712-620
ITN Productions enquiries:
British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM)
SOURCE ITN Productions
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved