Snell to Bring Live TV and TV Everywhere Innovations to BroadcastAsia
? Newly introduced switcher control, Channel-in-a-Box and MAM technologies among solutions on show ?
May 20, 2014 --
- Setting the industry standard with Kahuna 360 ? The world?s most advanced and flexible production switcher offers concurrent multi-format operation, allowing SD, HD, 1080p and even 4K sources to be used seamlessly within the same production and deliver multiple output formats of SD, HD, 1080p and 4K. The advanced architecture of the Kahuna 360 means that it evolves with customers? business requirements, providing additional resources as needed.
- Kahuna Maverik ? a game changer for live production ? Making its regional Asian debut, the Kahuna Maverik modular-based control surface for the Kahuna 360 switcher range combines the ultimate flexibility with quick, clear, reliable control for every type of studio and mobile television programming. Unlike traditional switcher control surfaces Maverik modules can be assembled and changed into a huge variety of configurations to make the most of precious desk space or to suit specific production requirements.
- Uniquely asymmetric, completely customizable routing through the Vega ? Solving the challenge of I/O port wastage and inefficiencies in routing, Vega enables every port to be independently set up as an input or an output, and for coax or fiber, delivering measurable savings in terms of both cost and space.
- KudosPro Platform ? low cost, high density signal processing - Snell?s KudosPro signal processing platform boasts unique processing density (up to four channels of conversion in 1RU) and offers superb-quality frame-rate and format conversions at an extremely low price point. Performing 3Gbps, HD, and SD standards conversion (frame-rate conversion), as well as up-, down-, and crossconversion.
- ICE ? more functionality in less space ? Snell?s industry-leading ICE Channel-in-a-Box provides twice the 2D or 3D graphics capability within a standard 2RU system. Currently shipping with Version 4.0 software, it provides integrated loudness control for compliance with international regulations. Where space is at a premium, the new ICE-LE provides more streamlined functionality in a 1RU configuration? a more cost-effective footprint for smaller operations or projects.
- Momentum ? management and simplification of complex media workflows ? Snell will showcase the latest updates to Momentum, its m edia asset management and workflow automation solution. New features include an HTML5 browser-independent interface to give users the broadest choice possible among web browsers, optimize processes, minimize time, and maximize ROI.
- Alchemist OD ? unrivalled low-cost format and frame rate conversion ?On Demand? ? The scalable Alchemist OD software from Snell is engineered with content owners, post-production facilities and playout service providers in mind. It combines Snell?s Emmy award-winning image processing expertise with commodity IT equipment, saving time and money while safeguarding quality.
# # #