More Sports. More Choice. TSN Announces Major Expansion to a Total of Five National Feeds
May 06, 2014 --
- Branded TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5, three new TSN feeds to be available this fall -
- TSN's suite of channels to feature expanded coverage of TSN's deep and diverse lineup of the biggest events in sports -
- TSN to schedule SPORTSCENTRE to serve multiple time zones -
- Programming to feature more live events and more choice, new acquisitions and partnerships -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/1lUDnrV
TORONTO, May 6, 2014 /CNW/ - TSN, Canada's Sports Leader and the #1 specialty network in the country, today announced a platform for growth that will see it expand from two to five national feeds. Optimized to give Canadians more sports and more choice than ever before, TSN's suite of channels will deliver a slate of expanded programming, including the ability to schedule SPORTSCENTRE, Canada's #1 sports news show, to serve multiple time zones.
Already home to Canada's most diverse lineup of sports programming and biggest championships - among them the World Juniors, Grey Cup, FIFA World Cup 2015-2022, Grand Slam tennis, all of golf's majors and much more - TSN is expanding to further solidify its position as Canada's Sports Leader by maximizing its deep lineup of world-class content delivered across multiple feeds.
To be branded TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5, all five TSN feeds will be available this fall. All TSN feeds will also be available to subscribers both online and through mobile devices via TSN GO. Further details, including information about participating TV service providers and channel placements, will be announced in the lead up to the launch.
"With five national channels as our new canvas, we now have the flexibility to fully leverage our immense portfolio of premium sports programming - we've had the content, but not the capacity, and now we do," said Stewart Johnston, President of TSN. "With this expansion, we are increasing our lineup of live events and in-house productions, while acquiring even more new content. This evolution of TSN is a win-win for both our viewers and our key partners."
More Sports and More Choice
Key programming highlights that viewers can expect to see across TSN's suite of five channels include the following:
- More live game coverage - spanning leagues including NBA, MLS, NCAA and more
- More choice of games and events taking place at the same time - including multiple curling sheets from Season of Champions events, multiple matches from Barclays Premier League, every game from NCAA March Madness, multiple court feeds from Gland Slam tennis events, and more
- Expanded coverage of marquee live events - including the World Juniors, Grey Cup, and FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015
- Effective scheduling of TSN news and studio shows - including broadcasting SPORTSCENTRE, Canada's most-watched sports news show, to serve multiple time zones
- NHL hockey - including 26 Toronto Maple Leafs games, 52 Ottawa Senators games, as well as pre-season games (available on a regional basis), plus local hockey programming generated by production expansion at TSN Radio stations in Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Winnipeg and Edmonton
- ESPN programming - featuring more of ESPN's vast package of college sports, plus ESPN news and studio shows
- New acquisitions and partnerships - more marquee sports properties to be added to TSN's industry-leading lineup
TSN's new suite of five channels complements Canada's most influential sports brand, joining:
- Five TSN Radio stations across the country - TSN 1050 Toronto, TSN 690 Montreal, TSN 1290 Winnipeg, TSN 1200 Ottawa, TSN 1260 Edmonton - along with TEAM 1040 Vancouver
- TSN Digital's industry-leading suite of assets - TSN.ca, TSN GO, TSN BarDown at BarDown.com, the TSN Hockey App, TSN GameTracker, its official social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Google+, and more
TSN is Canada's Sports Leader and #1 specialty network. With a broad portfolio of multimedia sports assets, TSN currently delivers world-class content across industry-leading platforms including TSN2, TSN.ca, TSN GO, and TSN Radio. Official broadcaster of the Grey Cup, IIHF World Junior Championship and FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015, TSN's slate of live sports coverage includes NHL, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLS, Season of Champions Curling, UEFA Euro 2016, MLB, Barclays Premier League, Golf's Majors, NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Canadian Tire Series, F1, Grand Slam Tennis, NCAA March Madness, and Skate Canada events. TSN is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved