Infosys DigitizeEdge Creates New Immersive Experience for Orange IPTV Viewers
April 23, 2014 --
BANGALORE, India and PARIS, April 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Infosys today announced a strategic partnership with Orange to offer customers a new immersive experience on Orange's IPTV offering. Infosys will deliver a broad portfolio of interactive TV apps on the Orange Livebox Play.
The TV apps will be powered by Infosys DigitizeEdge, an integrated digital asset and experience platform for TV operators, media companies, advertisers and content publishers. Infosys will leverage this cloud-based platform to onboard top content providers and brands across the globe. DigitizeEdge will enable Orange to deliver a wide range of lifestyle centric, video rich and contextual over-the-top (OTT) services via TV apps, to enhance viewer experience and interaction with their TV. The platform will customize content for Orange's viewers in France.
- Infosys DigitizeEdge allows enterprises to easily launch immersive app channels on multiple devices including connected TV, tablets, smartphones, PCs and in-vehicle infotainment systems
- The platform also helps to monetize OTT services andgenerate new revenue streams
- The platform enables video and interactive features across TV and second screen apps, synchronized with TV viewing patterns
- Infosys DigitizeEdge provides modular capabilities to support the entire digital value chain includingmulti-screen consumer experience, service delivery and digital asset transformation
- It offers targeted personalization and recommendations, analytics, and partner collaboration, with a self-service management console, to accelerate revenue generation initiatives
- Infosys DigitizeEdge has partnerships with some of the world's top digital media companies like Popular Science, Motor Trend, Space.com,Visible Body, Entrepreneur and Wright's Media, as well as advertising agencies and brands
- These relationships create a unique value-chain of content providers, advertising networks, consumer brands and marketers that allow TV operators to create an innovative immersive experience for their viewers
Rajesh K. Murthy, Global Head, Energy and Telecom, Infosys:
"Integrating TV with Internet content services will allow Orangetodeliver a fantastic experiencetotheir customers. We are seeing traditional pay-TV providers as well as telecommunication and cable firms, continuously lookingtoprovide web-based services on existing TVs. Our solution aggregates multiple content players in the digital value chaintodeliver a superior experience for viewers and generate new revenue opportunities for service providers."
Infosys is a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions. We enable clients, in more than 30 countries, to stay a step ahead of emerging business trends and outperform the competition. We help them transform and thrive in a changing world by co-creating breakthrough solutions that combine strategic insights and execution excellence.
Visit http://www.infosys.com to see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY), with US$8.25 billion in annual revenues and 160,000+ employees, is Building Tomorrow's Enterprise today.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements regarding our future business expectations intended to qualify for the 'safe harbor' under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013 and on Form 6-K for the quarter ended December 31, 2013. These filings are available at http://www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. In addition, please note that the date of this press release is mentioned at the beginning of the release, and any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on assumptions that we believe to be reasonable as of this date. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company unless it is required by law.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved