GI for Life, Leading Provider of Colon Health and Probiotic Supplements, Announces Their First National Television Program
April 09, 2014 --
Santa Rosa, CA (PRWEB) April 09, 2014
GI for Life, an innovative nutritional company focused on digestive health products is proud to announce the introduction of their first nationally televised program developed to inform viewers of the prevalence of colon disease, as well as introduce their cutting edge products designed to promote and maintain digestive and colon health. The program was produced by Outlook TV, and can be seen on popular Television networks including, PBS, CNN, TLC, CNBC, MSNBC and Fox News starting April 21, 2014.
Of the company's upcoming television programming, Denise Lustberg, President of GI for Life said: We are very excited and proud of this achievement. It will allow us to reach and educate many people on the dangers of colon diseases, such as Colon Cancer, which is the 2nd deadliest cancer in the United States. This gives us the opportunity to introduce our nutritional supplements specifically designed to promote colon health and digestive wellness to a much larger audience.
Some alarming facts about colon cancer*:
- Colon cancer is the third most commonly diagnosed cancer and the second leading cause of cancer death in men and women combined in the US.
- The American Cancer Society estimates 136,830 people will be diagnosed in 2014 and 50,310 will die from colon cancer in the United States.
- On average, the lifetime risk of developing colon cancer is about one in 20 (5%).
- People who have a parent, sibling or child with Colon cancer are 2 to 3 times the risk of developing the disease.
- 90% of all new cases occur in people 50 years old or older.
We believe healthy living starts from the inside.
Colon cancer is one of the deadliest diseases known to man; cancer being the 2nd overall cause of death in the US. Here at GI for Life we embrace a nutritional prescription for digestive health based upon the latest scientific research regarding colon health and nutrition. Lead by our concern regarding the increase in patients developing Colorectal Cancer and polyps, several leading board-certified Gastroenterologists joined forces to develop products specifically formulated to address the nutritional needs of their patients associated with many digestive health issues. GI for Life combines the latest research with the newest technology to deliver the highest quality dietary supplements available.
GI for Life was founded in 2010 by a Board-Certified Gastroenterologists with many years of clinical and academic experience.
Dr. Michael Lustberg is a fellow of the American Gastroenterological Association. He was previously on the teaching staff of Touro University and the section Chief of Gastroenterology. He has researched the development of Gastrointestinal Cancer, specifically Esophageal Cancer.
- These statistics were compiled from the American Cancer Societys 2012 Cancer Facts & Figures and Colorectal Cancer Facts & Figures 2011-2013.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/04/prweb11747919.htm.