The Green Jacket is On the Line as TSN and Global Deliver Complete Live Coverage of THE MASTERS
April 07, 2014 --
- TSN and Global's multi-platform coverage of THE MASTERS includes original preview and post-round highlight shows -
- TSN Digital platforms deliver an extensive array of bonus coverage from Augusta National Golf Club -
- Live coverage of THE MASTERS begins with the Par 3 Contest airing Wednesday, April 9 at 3 p.m. ET on TSN -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/1ikbZhZ
TORONTO, April 7, 2014 /CNW/ - TSN and Global bring Canadians complete coverage of THE MASTERS live from the historic Augusta National Golf Club - delivering all four rounds of tournament action along with an expansive array of bonus digital coverage.
For the second year in a row, TSN and Global tee up and wrap up coverage on each day of THE MASTERS with one-hour preview shows and five post-round highlight shows (click here for a complete broadcast schedule). These original Canadian productions feature SPORTSCENTRE's Cory Woron, Global's Kevin Smith, as well as analysts Bob Weeks and Jim Nelford. The team hosts live, on-location broadcasts from Augusta National, and delivers analysis and in-depth reports for TSN and Global platforms throughout the tournament.
Rising Canadian star Graham DeLaet has received his invitation to this year's tournament, and fans can follow his progress on TSN and Global platforms. Along with DeLaet, THE MASTERS features a star-studded field, including three-time Green Jacket winner Phil Mickelson, defending champion Adam Scott, Rory McIlroy, Justin Rose, Sergio Garcia, and Canada's Mike Weir, who in 2003 became the first Canadian to capture the Green Jacket.
See below for complete details on TSN and Global's coverage of THE MASTERS in Canada.
TSN and Global's broadcast coverage of THE MASTERS includes the following (click here for a complete schedule):
- Live coverage of the Par 3 Contest (TSN and TSN GO)
- Live coverage of the first and second rounds (TSN and TSN GO)
- Live coverage of the third and final rounds (Global)
- Encores of all rounds (TSN2 and TSN GO)
- Live one-hour preview shows before each round (Global, TSN, and TSN GO)
- Five highlight shows (Global, TSN2, and TSN GO)
TSN Digital Coverage
TSN Digital platforms deliver an extensive array of bonus online coverage* from Augusta National, designed to give viewers a unique perspective on all the tournament action. Beginning April 7, fans can view up to five different live streams each day, available exclusively on TSN.ca and the TSN Masters app, including:
- On the Range (live preview coverage)
- Par 3 Contest
- Amen Corner (Holes 11, 12, and 13)
- Holes 15 and 16
- Two featured groups in each round
- Masters In-Depth (highlights and news)
Global Digital Coverage
Globalnews.ca delivers extended coverage of THE MASTERS with featured videos, stories, galleries, and original content from award-winning golf writer and best-selling author Robert Thompson. A live stream of the tournament on Saturday and Sunday will be available on both GlobalTV.com and Shaw Media's Global Go app.
Global's Kevin Smith will be on location at Augusta bringing his unique perspective on each day's events to Global News across the country as well as in a series of video blogs. Smith also blogs and tweets (@Global_Smith) from the tournament for Globalnews.ca.
Smith delivers stories to Global News affiliates across the country beginning Monday, April 7. The first three stories are as follows:
- Monday: GRAHAM DELAET, Canada's top golfer, tees off at Augusta National for the first time.
- Tuesday: THE SHOW WILL GO ON, without Tiger Woods. Phil Mickelson is now the tournament's biggest star, and this week he celebrates the 10th anniversary of his first major win, the famous "Mickelson leap" on the 18th green at Augusta.
- Wednesday: TOUR OF AUGUSTA NATIONAL, the only golf course that is more famous than the golfers who play on it. Tour the course and take a glimpse into its history.
- Coverage Thursday through Sunday will focus on developing storylines from the tournament.
Video highlights will also be available on GlobalTV.com/Masters.
Sponsors and Advertising
TSN and Global's complete coverage of THE MASTERS has attracted a premier team of presenting sponsors in Acura, CI Investments, and Cisco. Presenting all four rounds of tournament coverage as well as the Par 3 Contest, the sponsors will appear across all broadcast and digital platforms.
MASTERS OFFICIAL FILMS
In addition to live coverage of the tournament, TSN delivers additional MASTERS OFFICIAL FILMS highlighting the most unforgettable moments from past tournaments (click here for a complete schedule).
ESPN Classic also airs a slate of MASTERS OFFICIAL FILMS beginning Monday, April 7 at 12 noon ET (click here for a complete schedule). Focusing on the tournament's recent history, the films look back at Tiger Woods' all-time record score in 1997, Phil Mickelson's emotional first Green Jacket win in 2004, and more.
Bell Media Radio stations across the country also have live coverage of THE MASTERS, including TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto, TSN Radio 690 in Montreal, TSN Radio 1200 in Ottawa, TSN Radio 1260 in Edmonton, and TEAM 1410 in Vancouver. Along with live play-by-play coverage, all stations will follow the latest news coming out of Augusta.
TSN is Canada's Sports Leader and #1 specialty network. With a broad portfolio of multimedia sports assets, TSN delivers world-class content across industry-leading platforms including TSN2, TSN.ca, TSN GO, and TSN Radio. Official broadcaster of the Grey Cup, IIHF World Junior Championship and FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015, TSN's slate of live sports coverage includes NHL, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLS, Season of Champions Curling, UEFA Euro 2016, MLB, Barclays Premier League, Golf's Majors, NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Canadian Tire Series, F1, Grand Slam Tennis, NCAA March Madness, and Skate Canada events. TSN is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company.
About Shaw Communications Inc.
Shaw is a diversified communications and media company, providing consumers with broadband cable television, High-Speed Internet, Home Phone, telecommunications services (through Shaw Business), satellite direct-to-home services (through Shaw Direct) and engaging programming content (through Shaw Media). Shaw serves 3.4 million customers, through a reliable and extensive fibre network. Shaw Media operates one of the largest conventional television networks in Canada, Global Television, and 18 specialty networks including HGTV Canada, Food Network Canada, HISTORY and Showcase. Shaw is traded on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges and is included in the S&P/TSX 60 Index (Symbol: TSX - SJR.B, NYSE - SJR). For more information about Shaw, please visit www.shaw.ca.
*Note: video content is only available in Canada
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved