4C and Facebook Uncover Affinity of Brand Audiences for Television Programming
Analysis of Facebook Public Graph Informs Cross-Channel Campaign Planning
March 26, 2014 --
CHICAGO, March 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- 4C, a social intelligence and advertising platform, in partnership with Facebook has conducted a study to show the relationship between public Facebook behavioral data and television broadcast programming. By analyzing public Facebook data, 4C is helping networks make intelligent programming decisions and enabling brands to more strategically place relevant advertisements both on television and on Facebook. For more information visit www.4Cinsights.com.
- 4C's platform analyzed Facebook's public anonymized aggregate data to evaluate the intersection of user engagement and television programs.
- It analyzed 150+ brands across five major verticals and more than 800 programs across 14 broadcast and cable television networks, and explored how to apply public Facebook data to improve television and Facebook ad decision making.
- The research reaffirmed some common media planning practices, such as placing hair care product commercials during daytime programming.
- More importantly, the analysis uncovered unexpected new connections that can help brands create more relevant marketing campaigns, such as a link between financial services and reality TV.
- Brand managers and agency planners gain intelligent insights to help inform how best to pair TV and Facebook media together.
- Media agencies improve ad investments by enhancing the success of ad placements on Facebook in concert with TV programs
- Networks can make programming decisions based on audience engagement and affinities and can work with brands to place relevant advertisements both on TV and via Facebook
Rob Creekmore, Facebook Marketing Science: "4C is bringing new information, using public Facebook data, to help agency planners and brands best pair TV and Facebook media together. We look forward to collaborating together to further evaluate how brands can make more effective planning decisions leveraging public audience engagement data."
Lance Neuhauser, CEO, 4C: "Brands and networks that embrace the connection between online engagement and television will find a goldmine of valuable intelligence. In the past, many brands have had a hard time accessing and understanding behavioral data. But now our clients are able to use Facebook behavior to understand how consumers think and why they choose one brand over another. By making informed decisions about their Facebook and television advertising, these companies can appeal to both their current and prospective audiences and intensify their marketing power."
4C is a social intelligence platform that collects public social data and applies its proprietary data science algorithms to determine the affinities between audiences and brands. It combines more than 20 years of Northwestern University research in computational science by Chief Scientist, Dr. Alok Choudhary, with proven advertising acumen to reveal new audience insight for brands and agencies. It is one of a handful of companies worldwide that is both a Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer Ads and Insights partner, and is Twitter Ads Certified. The company has offices in Chicago, New York, Seattle and Singapore. For more information, visit http://www.4Cinsights.com/.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved