Emmis Awarded Favorable Ruling In Preferred Stock Litigation
March 04, 2014 --
INDIANAPOLIS, March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Judge Sarah Evans Barker of the United States District Court, Southern District of Indiana, has ruled in favor of Emmis Communications (Nasdaq: EMMS) in a suit filed by dissident preferred shareholders.
"We were confident in our position, and the federal court has confirmed it," said Jeff Smulyan, President and CEO of Emmis Communications.
Note: Certain statements included in this press release which are not statements of historical fact, including but not limited to those identified with the words "expect," "will," "plan," "should" or "could" are intended to be, and are, by this Note, identified as "forward-looking statements," as defined in the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Such statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the Company to be materially different from any future result, performance or achievement expressed or implied by such forward-looking statement. Such factors include, among others:
- general economic and business conditions;
- fluctuations in the demand for advertising and demand for different types of advertising media;
- our ability to service our outstanding debt;
- increased competition in our markets and the broadcasting industry;
- our ability to attract and secure programming, on-air talent, writers and photographers;
- inability to obtain (or to obtain timely) necessary approvals for purchase or sale transactions or to complete the transactions for other reasons generally beyond our control;
- increases in the costs of programming, including on-air talent;
- inability to grow through suitable acquisitions or to consummate dispositions;
- changes in audience measurement systems
- new or changing regulations of the Federal Communications Commission or other governmental agencies;
- competition from new or different technologies;
- war, terrorist acts or political instability; and
- other factors mentioned in documents filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Emmis does not undertake any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements because of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved