ATEME Extends Global Leadership Position, Posts Significant Growth in 2013
ATEME Drives Innovation in Video Compression Solutions for the Broadcast, Cable, DTH, IPTV and OTT Markets
March 04, 2014 --
PARIS, March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --ATEME, a global leader in advanced video compression solutions for the broadcast industry, today announced that it reached significant milestones in customer adoption, corporate growth and advanced technology in 2013.
As the demand increases for compression products that support the new High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) standard and 4K ultra high-definition television (UHDTV), ATEME continues to lead the market in innovation and implementation.
- Increased annual revenues by 18 percent to $28.5 million. Emerging markets in APAC and Latin American represented 30 percent of ATEME's total revenues in 2013, demonstrating the company's commitment to international markets.
- Continued to expand its reach with more than 200 customers in over 60 countries. Increased its direct presence overseas with new offices in Brazil, Singapore and Malaysia to provide closer in-market sales support, customer engineering, repair and logistics services.
- Hired industry veteran CB Lau as Asia Pacific regional director. Based in Singapore, Lau joined ATEME after 10 years as a sales executive at Tektronix and Pixelmetrix.
- The introduction of HEVC capabilities into its key product lines generated a notable fraction of Q4 revenues in 2013 and solidified the company as a leading innovator in the video compression market.
- Experienced significant growth through its TITAN Live product line with deployments in IPTV, terrestrial, satellite and over-the-top video distribution.
- Increased head count by 21 to strengthen primarily its international presence and research teams.
- Confirmed its global player status with 93 percent of its revenue outside its domestic market of France.
- Strengthened ultra high-definition TV (UHDTV) ecosystem through cooperative efforts with the 4EVER Project; as well as with semiconductor, set-top-box and TV manufacturers.
- Garnered industry recognition for its Kyrion CM5000 in 2013 with awards from TV Technology at the National Association of Broadcasters and Cable Satellite International at the International Broadcasting Convention in Amsterdam.
- Enabled new practices in contribution over IP using the open internet or KA-Band to reduce operating expenses for broadcasters.
Michel Artieres, CEO of ATEME, said: "As the evolution of the video compression industry continues, our clients look to us to deliver the technology they need to stay ahead of the game. Through our extensive commitment to research and development, we are able to deliver the exceptional quality of experience and reduced operating costs our customers around the world have come to expect."
ATEME is a world leading provider of HEVC / H.265, MPEG-4 / H.264 and MPEG-2 bandwidth efficient compression technology. ATEME encoding solutions are deployed widely for broadcast contribution links, distribution, multi-screen live streaming, OTT and VOD applications. More information is available at www.ateme.com.
ATEME Press Contacts:
ATEME Corporate Marketing
T: +33 169-358-988
Nadel Phelan, Inc.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved