Zambian Minister of Mines Christopher Yaluma to deliver keynote address at CBM-TEC mining expo at Kitwe on 28 April
"Positive signal of government?s willingness to promote the sector"
March 04, 2014 --
Organised in association with Electra Mining Africa, the event consists of a two-day strategic and operations-focused conference as well as a professional attendance expo with free technical workshops and presentations aimed at engineers, geologists and plant managers.
Zambia is really open for business
Says CBM-TEC event director Nicole Smith: "first of all, we are truly honoured and humbled by the confirmation that Minister Yaluma will be at CBM-TEC. Furthermore, the support of the Ministry of Mines, Water and Energy Development and the presence of the minister himself during the event opening, sends a very positive signal of the willingness of the Zambian government not only to promote the sector and the country, but also to engage with the private sector on key issues within the sector."
Impressive CBM-TEC conference speakers
The Zambian Minister of Mines, Energy and Water Development will head up an already impressive list of speakers at CBM-TEC, including Mr Emmanuel Mutati, President of Zambia?s Chamber of Mines, an official partner of the event. More confirmed speakers in Kitwe are:
* Zambia Development Agency, Zambia: Mr Mukula Makasa ? MSE Director
* Kalumbila Minerals Ltd, Zambia: Mr Garth Lapperman, Resettlement and Community Engagement Manager
* Zambia Ministry of Environment: Mr Jewette Masinja, Former Permanent Secretary
* Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management: Mr Namuchana Musiwa, Former President
* Association of Zambian Exploration Companies: Mr Nathan Chishimba, President
* Lubambe Copper Mines, Zambia: Gary Strong, GM
* Chibuluma Copper Mines, Zambia: Jackson Sikamo, GM
Unique offering in Kitwe
"CBM-TEC?s offering is unique because it takes the marketplace to the operations while addressing technical and practical issues in the Zambian mining sector", says event director Nicole Smith.
Some 80 leading names in the mining community have already confirmed as exhibitors including: Murray & Roberts Zambia, Barloworld, Specialty Emergency Services, Mintek, Verder Pumps, Oryx oil, Set Point Zambia and more!
Event dates and location:
Conference and expo: 28-29 April, 2014
Location: Mist Gardens Venue, Kitwe. Zambia
Communications manager: Annemarie Roodbol
Telephone : +27 21 700 3558
Mobile: +27 82 562 7844