Optimum TV Brings Customers NBCUniversal's Coverage of 2014 Olympic Winter Games from Sochi, Russia, February 6 - 23
February 04, 2014 --
Bethpage, NY (PRWEB) February 04, 2014
Cablevision, in agreement with NBCUniversal, today announced a multiplatform content offering for Optimum TV customers. NBCUniversals coverage of the XXII Olympic Winter Games from Sochi, Russia will commence on Thursday, Feb. 6, and run through Sunday, Feb. 23. Optimum TV customers will have access to NBCUniversals unprecedented 1,500+ hours of Winter Olympic programming, including every Olympic competition, live and on-demand content across multiple platforms. In addition to enjoying extensive coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal, including NBC, NBC Sports Network (NBCSN), MSNBC, CNBC, and USA Network, customers can stay connected to the Sochi Olympic Winter Games wherever they go via NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports Live Extra app, Americas premier Olympic digital destinations. Like no other event to date, the Olympic Games have been, and continue to be, a watershed moment for TV Everywhere, helping to drive awareness and usage.
The Olympic Games showcase the worlds best athletes and most prestigious competitions, and Optimum TV brings our customers NBCUniversals around-the-clock Games content to enjoy whenever, wherever and how they want to watch. Our customers can enjoy NBCUniversals 1,500+ hours of multiplatform coverage of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics, including live coverage across every screen, said Bradley Feldman, Cablevisions senior vice president of video product management.
The following multiplatform offerings from NBCUniversal will allow Optimum TV customers to watch and be a part of the 2014 Olympic Winter Games through their televisions, PCs and mobile and tablet apps.
NBCUniversals Olympics Experience on Optimum TV Includes:
- NBCOlympics.com: NBC Sports Live Extra, the home of Olympic live stream content at NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra, is available now to verified customers who subscribe Optimum Value and above and who log-in to the website. NBCOlympics.com will feature, for the first time, live streaming coverage of all Winter Games competition, plus event rewinds and extensive video highlights. Optimum TV customers can easily verify their subscription and watch Olympic coverage live online for no additional charge. Those customers, who log in and verify their subscriptions by Feb. 6, the first day of competition at the Sochi Games, can enter the NBC Olympics Sweepstakes for a chance to win a trip for two to Rio de Janeiro in 2014, courtesy of NBCUniversal. Optimum TV customers should follow the verification process to access NBC Olympics programming via NBCOlympics.com:
1. Go to NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra
2. Click the Verify Now button
3. Select Optimum
4. Enter Optimum ID and password
5. Upon subscription verification to an Olympics-eligible package, customers will be signed in throughout the Games on that device.
- Mobile and Tablet Apps: NBCUniversal will offer two apps for mobile and tablet viewing. The NBC Sports Live Extra app will be available to verified Optimum TV customers and will offer the same live streaming and event replays available via NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra. The NBC Olympics Highlights and Results app will include short-form highlights, schedules, results, columns and more and will also link to the NBC Sports Live Extra app.
- On Demand: NBCUniversal is making Olympic highlights and full-event rewinds available via Optimum TVs On Demand service, which customers can find on channel 500 in the Sports category.
- Pre-Games: Optimum TV customers can now access more than 100 pre-Games clips in HD through their set-top box, including select highlights from the U.S. Olympic Team Trials.
- In-Games: Each day during the Sochi Games, NBCUniversal will offer a digital figure skating show called Olympic Ice. Also during the Games, NBCUniversal will offer more than 350 highlight clips and 150 full-length event replays available within 24 hours of an events completion, all in HD, available both on NBCOlympics.com and via Video On Demand.
THE OLYMPICS BEGIN FEB. 6, 2014
With more Winter Olympic events than ever before, competition for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games from Sochi, Russia, will begin one day prior to the Opening Ceremony. As a result, NBC will begin its primetime coverage of the 2014 Sochi Olympics on Thursday, Feb. 6, one night before the broadcast network provides its traditional coverage of the Opening Ceremony on Friday Feb. 7. This marks the first time NBC will air Olympic primetime coverage before the Opening Ceremony. The primetime broadcast on Thursday, Feb. 6, 2014, is scheduled to include competition in snowboard slopestyle (mens and womens), in which two-time gold medalist Shaun White is expected to compete in the slopestyles Olympic debut; team figure skating, which is also in the Olympics for the first time; and womens freestyle moguls.
Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC) is a leading media and telecommunications company, serving millions of households and businesses throughout the greater New York area. Providing quality products that keep customers connected, Cablevision offers Optimum-branded digital cable television, high-speed Internet and phone services as well as Optimum WiFi, the nation's most robust wireless Internet network. Cablevisions Lightpath subsidiary is a premier provider of integrated business communications solutions for larger companies. Through its local media and programming properties News 12 Networks, Newsday Media Group and MSG Varsity Cablevision also delivers news and information created specifically for the communities it serves. Additional information about Cablevision is available at http://www.cablevision.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/Optimum-TV/2014-Olympics/prweb11550534.htm.