Echo360 Simplifies Active Learning and Empowers Mobile Publishing With EchoSystem 5.4
Latest Product Release Includes Embeddable Media Player, Performance Upgrades and Updated Capture Solution That Lets Instructors Publish Lectures From Anywhere
February 04, 2014 --
DULLES, VA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/04/14 -- Echo360, the global leader in active and distance learning solutions, just announced the launch of a significant product update that introduces new features to their flagship solution, the EchoSystem.
EchoSystem 5.4 is available to Echo360 clients today and offers new product capabilities that were developed to make it easier for instructors and institutions to support active learning:
- Software Capture Solution for Faster Content Creation and Publishing: Instructors can record and auto-publish lectures inside the classroom or on laptops anywhere, anytime. Compatible with Microsoft® Windows 7 and 8 technology, the software also gives instructors the added flexibility to include additional video in their courses by recording two video streams based on their needs.
- New Blog Support: The Echo360 media player enables instructors to share their content by embedding lecture recordings in more places including personal blogs, teaching sites and online group study portals.
- Performance Improvements: A 35% reduction in database storage requirements makes saving, storing or deleting high definition media recordings easier, more efficient and more reliable than ever before.
- Android 4.0+ Support: With the latest in Android support, the Echo360 platform can now reach 90%+ of all US mobile users and be accessed by students on their favorite devices.
- On-Air Check: The new, affordable confidence monitor lights up when recordings are in progress. Instructors can easily pause, resume or stop a recording by simply tapping the light.
Collectively, the product updates leverage newly adopted and forward-looking usage trends that complement the use of video in educational environments, growth of mobile adoption, and a non-technical, hand-off approach to the management and support of the EchoSystem.
"Product innovation is the soul of Echo360," said Fred Singer, CEO of Echo360. "With EchoSystem 5.4, instructors can easily create more content giving students greater access to instruction, while administrators will experience simplified management and a 35% decrease in database storage requirements."
For more information or to upgrade, visit the Echo360 website.
GdR PRoductions, LLC
Gabriel del Rio
Copyright @ Marketwire