Global Media and Entertainment Video Transcoding Market 2013
January 23, 2014 --
DUBLIN, January 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qnklpv/global_media_and) has announced the addition of the"Global Media and Entertainment Video Transcoding Market 2013"report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
Global Media and Entertainment Video Transcoding Market 2013: As H.264 Rules, Speed and Quality Become Key Differentiators; Monetization Remains a Challenge
This research service provides a detailed Market Engineering analysis of the global M&E video transcoders market. The service ranks and explains market drivers and restraints. It also provides forecasts for revenue and unit shipments. The service outlines current distribution channels in addition to forecasting and analyzing market demand. Segment breakdowns are included for production, multi-screen and SaaS. Regions covered include Asia-Pacific (APAC); North America and Latin America (NALA); and Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). The base year is 2012 and the study period is from 2010 to 2017.
- Although business models remain uncertain and appetite for new investment in major markets remains low, continued digitization of workflows and skyrocketing demand for over the top content (both on-demand and live), continuing to drive double-digit growth for the market.
- The Americas remain the strongest region for the market in terms of current and future revenue streams. This is driven by factors such as maturity of content licensing and advertising business models, high penetration of portable devices and competitive pressures to retain subscribers in the face of growing popularity of online video services.
- Asia-Pacific, though the smallest market today, is on a path of rapid digitization, infrastructure development and device proliferation, which propels it to having the highest CAGR across any region during the forecast period.
- Though currently faced with significant challenges spanning geopolitical instability and a crippling economy, the EMEA region is expected to start investing in second-generation deployments from 2014 onwards, thus shoring up revenues and achieving a CAGR of nearly percent over the forecast period.
- Software form factors, cloud-based deployment and SaaS-based transcoding services are all continuing to grow in relevance, driving vendor agility, innovation, and total market revenues. While market consolidation activity continues, 2012 witnessed a spurt of new market entrants joining the M&E transcoding fray to capitalize on growth opportunities to continue to position themselves as one-stop-shop vendors of video compression and delivery technology to the specific verticals they serve.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total M&E Video Transcoding Market
4. Production Video Transcoders Segment Breakdown
5. Multi-Screen Video Transcoders Segment Breakdown
6. SaaS Video Transcoders Segment Breakdown
7. Hot Company Watchlist
8. The Last Word
For more information visithttp://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qnklpv/global_media_and
Media Contact:Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved