PromaxBDA Announces 2013 Sports Media Marketing Summit Speaker Lineup
October 28, 2013 --
Dynamic sports marketing authorities, info-rich 7-Minute Master Class sessions and compelling topic presentations distinguish fourth annual Summit for the global sports media marketing professional
Keynote Presented by Frank Golding, Head of Sport for North America, Google
November 19, 2013: The Paley Center for Media | New York, NY
LOS ANGELES, Oct. 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PromaxBDA, the leading international association for the entertainment marketing, promotion and design industry, announces the initial schedule of programs and speakers for its 2013 Sports Media Marketing Summit, to be held at The Paley Center for Media in New York on November 19. Featuring a keynote presentation by Frank Golding, Head of Sport for North America, Google, the Summit guarantees a robust day of interactive sessions with a wide range of innovative thought leaders from across the sports and sports media marketing industry.
"This year's Sports Media Marketing Summit is energized by both a fast-paced series of bottom-line presentations and a powerhouse roster of speakers whose expertise, talent and stature define the Summit's vitality and value," said Jonathan Block-Verk, CEO and President, PromaxBDA International. "We're passionate about providing our members with a forum for information and inspiration to strengthen their skills and fuel their success. The Sports Media Marketing Summit is the only place where the world's most innovative and creative marketing executives come together to share their knowledge, discuss insights and essentially shape the future of the sports media industry."
New to this year's Summit are 15 rapid fire 7-Minute Master Class sessions delivering bottom-line facts and actionable tools in a pared-down format. Presented by experts representing the entertainment, technology, consumer products, media and sports industries, the Master Classes enable attendees to fast-track their knowledge on the issues, trends and emerging opportunities affecting success in sports media marketing.
The elite one-day event will culminate with the fourth annual Sports Media Marketing Awards. Hosted at New York's Capitale, the ceremony honors creativity, excellence and innovation in sports media marketing and promotion with more than 250 finalists in over 50 categories. A list of awards finalists is online at Sports Media Marketing Awards Finalists.
Sports Media Marketing Summit confirmed speakers to date include:
• Neal Arthur, Managing Director, W+K NY
• Bill Bergofin, SVP, Marketing, NBC Sports
• Ashley Bradbury, Client Partner, Global Marketing Solutions, Facebook
• Sharon Byers, SVP, Sports & Entertainment Marketing, Coca-Cola North America
• John Ford, Partner and Head of Creative Services, SyncSense; Owner and President, Jfordmedia Consulting
• Will Funk, SVP of NCAA Partnerships and Branded Programming, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
• Laurie Goldberg, EVP, Communications, Discovery Network and TLC Network
• David Levy, President, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
• Mark Lewis, EVP for Championships and Alliances, NCAA
• Gabe Lozano, Co-Founder, CEO, LockerDome
• Fred Mangione, CMO and Chief Revenue Officer, Brooklyn Nets and Barclays Center
• Stephen Master, SVP, Sports, The Nielsen Company
• Kate Miller, Group Director, Sports, Entertainment and Community Marketing, The Coca-Cola Company
• Michael A. Neuman, Managing Partner, Scout Sports and Entertainment
• Nick Parish, Editorial Director, Americas, Contagious
• Rich Riley, CEO, Shazam Entertainment
• Jonathan Simpson-Bint, Chief Revenue Officer, TwitchTV
• Guy Slattery, EVP of Marketing, A&E Network, Bio Channel, and Crime & Investigation Network
• Frank Wall, VP, Publisher, Sports Illustrated
• Jamie Weston, VP, Brand & Creative, NFL
• Steven Wolf Pereira, EVP, MediaVest; Managing Director, MediaVest Multicultural (MV42⁰)
KEYNOTE, SESSION AND MASTER CLASS TOPICS INCLUDE
KEYNOTE: Driving Fan Engagement and YouTube: The Rise of the Social Fan
SESSION: Partnership, Powerful Ideas and Passion: How Coca-Cola Drove Their Biggest Activation and Redefined Integrated Marketing
MASTER CLASSES: Mobile, Online, Social Engagement: How to Become the ONLY Content Destination for Your Fans; E-Sports: The next Billion-Dollar Opportunity in Sports Media; How to Go Viral
For more information on panels, speakers and the day's activities or to register for the Sports Media Marketing Summit and Awards ceremony, visit www.sportsmediamarketing.com.
PromaxBDA is a member association representing more than 10,000 companies and individuals from major media organizations, marketing and advertising agencies, research companies, strategic and creative vendors, and technology providers around the globe. The goal of the Association is to lead the global community of those passionately engaged in the marketing of television and video content on all platforms, inspiring creativity, driving innovation and honoring excellence. With companies and individuals drawn from more than 70 countries, PromaxBDA is a truly international organization uniting the individuals who will pioneer tomorrow's electronic and broadcast media.
About PromaxBDA Sports Media Marketing Summit & Awards 2013
The annual Sports Media Marketing Summit is the global conference venue where marketing, promotion and design executives gather as a community to share ideas, learn the best techniques, develop the right tools, get insight on the latest technologies, and be inspired by the brightest of luminaries in the sports marketing industry. There is no other place for this level of collective thought – at the intersection where creative and strategy, promotion and production, technology and design meet. The 2013 Summit is sponsored by Sports Illustrated.
Each year the Sports Media Marketing Awards ceremony celebrates excellence, innovation, and creativity. Over 250 Finalists in more than 50 creative and marketing categories, representing outstanding work in sports media marketing though entries submitted from around the world, compete for Bronze, Silver, Gold, and the coveted Titanium awards.
About Frank Golding
Frank Golding, Head of Sport for North America at Google, oversees North American sport deals for YouTube. Golding helps build sport partnerships across professional, college, and high school entities by helping them connect to YouTube's one billion monthly subscribers on a deeper level. Golding came to Google after spending nearly nine years at ESPN, where he worked on and secured digital deals across all of the network's domestic content platforms.
CONTACT: John Baroody | CV Marketing
860.364.1930 (o) 917.822.8058 (m)