State of Television Conference to Feature David Stern, Irwin Gottlieb, Michael Powell, Gordon Smith, and Other TV All-Stars
High-Profile Conference Kicks Off NYC Television Week on October 28
October 07, 2013 --
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 10/07/13 -- Some of television's top minds gather together to analyze all aspects of the industry at the State of Television conference, which is being held at New York City's Waldorf Astoria on October 28. The State of Television kicks off the inaugural NYC Television Week event, which takes place from October 28-30 at the Waldorf Astoria and Metropolitan Pavilion and includes the Broadcasting & Cable Hall of Fame, TV on Wall Street, the two-day TV Summit, and the Solutions Center exhibit floor, presented by NAB Show. NYC Television Week is presented by NewBay Media and the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB). Attendees can register for the State of Television conference at nyctelevisionweek.com
The State of Television gets right down to work, opening with an overview of the "State of the Union" -- an examination of the overall business -- by Michael Powell, President and CEO, National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA), and Gordon Smith, President and CEO, National Association of Broadcasters (NAB). From there, the conference provides in-depth explorations of many aspects of the television industry, including:
- State of New Kids on the Block with Deb Roy, Chief Media Scientist, Twitter
- State of Advertising with Irwin Gotlieb, Chairman, GroupM
- State of Cable
- State of Sports with David Stern, Commissioner, National Basketball Association (NBA)
"The State of Television's lineup of speakers and topics will provide a comprehensive look at the industry's current climate and offer expert opinion on where it is headed in the near future," states Louis Hillelson, VP/Group Publisher, Broadcasting & Cable and Multichannel News. "This is a can't-miss standalone event that is only the start of the great information gathering and networking opportunity that is NYC Television Week."
That evening, the Waldorf Astoria is home to the 23rd Annual Broadcasting & Cable Hall of Fame, with hosts Lesley Stahl and Meredith Vieira. The Hall of Fame is recognized as the leading industry event honoring the pioneers, innovators, and stars of television.
On Tuesday October 29 and Wednesday October 30, NYC Television Week moves to the Metropolitan Pavilion for the TV Summit, TV on Wall Street, and the Solutions Center exhibit floor. Some of the sessions over these two days include:
- Broadcast Fireside Chat with Peter Liguori, President and CEO, Tribune Company
- Showrunners panel with Clyde Phillips, Executive Producer and Showrunner, Nurse Jackie, and Joe Weisberg, Creator, Executive Producer & Writer, The Americans
- Lunch Program: Syndication in the Digital Age: How TV Stations Can Take Advantage of Today's Multiplatform Options, presented by NATPE
- New Start-Ups with Christopher Balfe, CEO, TheBlaze; Keith Clinkscales, CEO, Revolt Media; and Evan Shapiro, President, Pivot
- Buyers Roundtable with Marianne Gambelli, EVP, Chief Investment Officer, Horizon Media; Chris Geraci, President, National Broadcast, Omnicom Media Group; and Christine Merrifield, President, Investment, Activation & Operations, MediaVest USA
- Future of Content Distribution with Richard Buchanan, Vice President and General Manager, Comcast Media Center; Kelly Day, CEO, Blip; and Allen DeBevoise, Chairman & CEO, Machinima, Inc. Moderated by Richard Greenfield, Managing Director, Media and Technology, BTIG
Each day of NYC Television Week provides exposure to a wealth of information and the chance to network with top executives from some of the most forward-thinking companues in the television industry.
For more information and to register for the State of Television and any of NYC Television Week's other must-see events, visit nyctelevisionweek.com.
NYC Television Week Home
NYC Television Week Agenda
NYC Television Week Speaker Bios
NYC Television Week Solutions Center
NYC Television Week Registration
NYC Television Week on Twitter
NYC Television Week on LinkedIn
About NEWBAY MEDIA
NewBay Media is positioned at the center of the world's most dynamic industries -- Music, AV/Pro Audio, Consumer Electronics/Gaming, Video & Broadcast, and Education. We connect and inform millions of constituents in these industries through our award-winning content, integrated media capabilities, and high-profile network-building and informative events. NewBay proudly serves some of the broadest BtoB professional and music enthusiast communities in the world through over 60 print and digital publications, 100 integrated web and mobile applications, 75 conferences and conventions, custom marketing services and e-commerce capabilities. Find out more at www.nbmedia.com.
The National Association of Broadcasters is the premier advocacy association for America's broadcasters. NAB advances radio and television interests in legislative, regulatory and public affairs. Through advocacy, education and innovation, NAB enables broadcasters to best serve their communities, strengthen their businesses and seize new opportunities in the digital age. Learn more at www.nab.org.
For more information, contact:
Copyright @ Marketwire