New Oracle ZFS Storage Outperforms IBM and HP With World Record Industry-Standard SPC-2 Benchmark Results
Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-4 Delivers Greater Throughput and Better Price/Performance for Data Mining and Business Intelligence Than High-Performance Systems From IBM and HP
September 10, 2013 --
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 09/10/13 -- (NYSE: ORCL)
New Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-4 achieves the highest ever Storage Performance Council SPC-2 Result for processing throughput and beats the price/performance ratio delivered by the IBM System Storage DS8870 and HP P9500 XP Disk Array by over 3x.
- The Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-4 sets a new world record with aggregate throughput of 17,244.22 SPC-2 MBPS with SPC-2 Price Performance of $22.53(1). The SPC-2 benchmark consists of three application-oriented sequential I/O performance tests, which include large file processing, large database queries and video on demand.
- The Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-4 has 11 percent higher throughput and 5.8x better price/performance than the IBM DS8870, which is IBM's best SPC-2 Result(2).
- The Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-4 has 31 percent higher throughput and 3.9x better price/performance than the HP P9500 XP Disk Array, which is HP's best SPC-2 Result(3).
- These world-record results demonstrate the performance and lower TCO possibilities that organizations using high-throughput business analytics and reporting can achieve with the new Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3 Series to realize real-time business advantage.
- "Oracle ZS Series storage offers breakthrough streaming performance and value for high-throughput applications like data warehousing and business intelligence," said Scott Tracy, vice president Storage, Oracle. "This SPC-2 result further demonstrates how the combination of a scalable storage operating system, high-throughput system design, and intelligent caching can lower the complexity and cost of storage for customers running data-intensive applications."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SPC-2, SPC-2 MB/s and SPC-2 Price-Performance are trademarks of Storage Performance Council (SPC).
(1)Results as of September 10, 2013, for more information go to http://www.storageperformance.org/results SPC-2. Results for Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-4 are 17,244.22 SPC-2 MBPS, $22.53 SPC-2 Price-Performance. Full results are available at http://www.storageperformance.org/results/benchmark_results_spc2#b00067
(2)Results for IBM DS8870 are 15,423.66 SPC-2 MBPS, $131.21 SPC-2 Price-Performance. Full results are available at http://www.storageperformance.org/results/benchmark_results_spc2#b00062
(3)Results for HP P9500 XP Disk Array are 13,147.87 SPC-2 MBPS, $88.34 SPC-2 Price-Performance. Full results are available at http://www.storageperformance.org/results/benchmark_results_spc2#b00056
Copyright @ Marketwire