TOTUS Solutions, Worlds First All-in-One Lighting, Video and Communication Security System, Joins ng Connect
March 12, 2013 --
LAS VEGAS, NV (PRWEB) March 12, 2013
TOTUS Solutions, the leading provider of outdoor lighting-based security platforms, today announced that the TOTUS Surveillance Platform (TSP) will be part of the ng Connect Programs DEMO. The TOTUS Surveillance Solution 100 watt platform, the worlds first outdoor LED lighting-based security system, will be installed at the Cassidian Communications booth and will stream live video to the Alcatel-Lucent booth using Cassidian Communications mPCIe card and Alcatels Band 14 LTE network technology, a frequency that is allocated for public-safety broadband use in the United States. This exhibition will highlight the first time a TOTUS technology demonstrates its capability to communicate using an LTE network.
The ng Connect Program, founded by Alcatel-Lucent, is a multi-industry ecosystem dedicated to the creation of the new generation connected user experience. ng Connect is comprised of more than 200 Contributing and Associate member companies including leading network, consumer electronics, application and content providers.
- The joint demo between Cassidian Communications and Alcatel-Lucent will demonstrate the integrated capabilities of the TOTUS Surveillance Platform, including its ability to use Alcatel-Lucent network and Cassidian Communicationss mPCIe Band 14 LTE technology to transport streaming video.
- TOTUS Surveillance Platforms provide a lighting-based security solution that features a 360-degree, IP-based multipixel camera that offers complete situational awareness, combating traditional security systems flaws in not having cameras pointed in the right direction during the time of a crime.
- With this integrated system, a geo-fence can be assigned to any areas on the video surveillance so that when motion is detected in that area, a series of actions can occurflashing lights, warning announcements and email/SMS messaging to the correct personnel. These actions are what TOTUS Solutions terms Active Deterrence.
- Todays security systems only allow crime prevention to occur after the crime has already been committed; TOTUS Active Deterrence can deter crime from happening, and help address crime that takes place the moment it occurs, rather than after the fact.
Gregory Williams, CEO, TOTUS Solutions, said:
The TOTUS Surveillance Platform integrated with the ability to transport streaming video across an LTE network creates a new form of instant security that has never been seen before. To have a platform with the ability to communicate using a LTE broadband network that is allocated for public-safety use is revolutionary for the public security industry.
- TOTUS Surveillance Platform
- TOTUS Security Platforms images/downloads
- TOTUS Technology Videos
- Keywords: TOTUS Solutions, Security Platforms, Active Deterrence, situational awareness, Alcatel-Lucent LTE Band 14, Cassidian Communications mPCIe card
About TOTUS Solutions
TOTUS Solutions is the leading provider of Outdoor Lighting Based Security Platforms. Unlike traditional surveillance systems, TOTUS Security Platforms incorporates optimized LED lighting, complete megapixel IP video surveillance, multi-day media storage and secure wireless communications with event action processing to provide unparalleled Active Deterrence.
Company Media Contact:
INK Public Relations
About The ng Connect Program
The ng Connect Program is dedicated to the creation of the new generation connected user experience. With its dynamic multi-industry membership, Alcatel-Lucents Gravity Centers and Global Customer Innovation Program, the organization drives relevance and new business models through innovation. Founded by Alcatel-Lucent, ng Connect is comprised of more than 200 members including leading network, consumer electronics, application and content providers. For a full list of members please visit: http://www.ngconnect.org/members/index.htm and for more information on the ng Connect Program, visit: http://www.ngconnect.org. Follow Twitter at: http://twitter.com/ngConnect.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/3/prweb10520828.htm.