Strategic Analysis of Dealership Networks Across ASEAN
March 05, 2014 --
NEW YORK, March 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Rising Demand for New Vehicles and High Vehicle Production Output to Drive Growth
Growth of vehicle showrooms in ASEAN is impacted by the rise in demand for new vehicles, foreign investment for expansion capacity, and the increase in local automotive production output.
- 2012 was a record year for ASEAN as all three key automotive marketsThailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia witnessed historic highs in automotive sales. While Thailand and Indonesia crossed the 1 million mark in vehicle sales, Malaysia once again crossed a record high of xx units.
- High economic growth, increasing disposable incomes, increased investments, expanding production capacities, and launch of new vehicle models are the key drivers of the automotive market in ASEAN. Global economic uncertainties, stricter regulations and taxes, and growth of public transport are likely to be the factors restraining market growth during 20132019.
- Passenger vehicles are emerging as the key segment in ASEAN. In Thailand, smaller fuel-efficient eco cars between xx and xx are the most popular subsegment, whereas in Indonesia, multi-purpose vehicles (MPVs) and hatchback city cars continue to be the preferred choice; in Malaysia, the passenger cars (especially sedans) segment is the key market growth driver.
- Automotive production in ASEAN is expected to grow at a CAGR of xx%, crossing the mark of xx million units by 2019.Thailand is expected to remain the automotive production hub, driven by capacity expansions, expansion in exports, and increasing domestic demand. High literacy, existence of a cost-effective labor force with suitable skill sets, and a well-developed automotive component industry are other key factors contributing toward this. Japanese OEMs, led by Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, and Nissan continue to dominate the automotive market in Thailand and Indonesia. In Malaysia, national OEMs Perodua and Proton lead the market, followed by Japanese OEMs. This trend is expected to continue till 2019.
- Unit shipment in the ASEAN automotive market is expected to grow at a CAGR of xx8% from 2012 to 2019. Indonesia is expected to become the largest automotive market in ASEAN by 2019, with an expected unit shipment of xxmillion units, driven by sustained economic growth, increasing investments, focus on balanced infrastructural development, and favorable regulations and policies.
The aim of this study is to research and analyze the ASEAN dealership market, and its impact on the growth and performance of automotive sales. The study presents the current scenario in the ASEAN light vehicle market and forecasts vehicle sales and production levels up to 2019.
1.Provide a strategic overview of the ASEAN dealership market
2.Provide information on the development of the automotive sector in ASEAN
3.Provide market size and forecasts for the sales of light vehicles (new and used) in ASEAN by 2019
4.Provide information on development of the dealership network
5.Provide information on the repair and maintenance sector
Key Questions This Study will Answer
What is the business environment of the ASEAN dealership market? What are the market dynamics and their impact on the development of the automotive market in ASEAN?
What are the key market drivers and restraints in both the dealership and the light vehicle market?
Who are the key market participants? Who is the market leader in terms of sales volume and sales value?
What type of software and inventory management tools are being used by dealers and OEMs?
What is the level of development within the repair and maintenance market?
Research Scope, Objectives, Methodology and Background
Market Overview and Geographic Comparison of the ASEAN Light Vehicle Market
Megatrends and Industry Convergence Implications
External Challenges: Drivers and RestraintsTotal Market
Light Vehicle Dealership Market Analysis by Subsegments
ASEAN Light Vehicle Dealership
Repair and Maintenance Market
Conclusions and Future Outlook
To order this report: Strategic Analysis of Dealership Networks Across ASEAN
Contact Clare: email@example.com
US:(339) 368 6001
Intl:+1 339 368 6001
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved