Singapore Opens Door for Large-scale Film and TV Productions
January 17, 2014 --
SINGAPORE, Jan. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Singapore's largest soundstages with green-screen capabilities fully operational
- Full suite of digital media services from production to transmission available under one roof
Singapore has expanded the scale of its film and broadcast production capabilities with Infinite Studios going fully operational with immediate effect. The official opening was graced by Singapore's Minister for Communications and Information, Dr Yaacob Ibrahim.
The Infinite Studios building houses Singapore's largest state-of-the-art soundstages, and brings under one roof a full suite of digital media services, from production to transmission, for the production of large-scale television, film and animation shows.
The 24,078-square metre development is strategically located within Mediapolis, Singapore's digital media hub located in one-north, the knowledge and innovation hub in South West Singapore.
The two soundstages operated by anchor tenant Infinite Studios come equipped with green-screen capabilities, pre-visualization and stereoscopic technology, and are able to support productions that require intricate set builds and multi-cam operations and visual effects. This enhances Singapore's ability to attract more international productions to be anchored in the country.
To date, the soundstages have been used to shoot and produce programmes such as popular Australian children's TV show, Hi-5, as well as other television commercials and reality shows. This year, two international feature films are slated for production.
Ms Koh Lin-Net, Chief Executive Officer of Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA), said, "Infinite Studios is a strong addition to Singapore's media ecosystem. With state-of-the-art soundstages and a full suite of facilities and services available, Singapore is now well-positioned to take on larger-scale projects and produce high quality local and international productions which meet international standards. We encourage international Film and TV companies to partner with our local media industry to anchor their productions here in Singapore."
The Infinite Studios development also hosts a vibrant media ecosystem made up of 13 top Singaporean and international media companies, including broadcast operator, Globecast Asia; channel provider Discovery Networks; Japanese game-maker Namco Bandai; global media company, Haymarket Media; and international advertising agency M & C Saatchi.
For enquiries on Infinite Studios' soundstages, please contact:
Chief Operating Officer
For media queries, please contact:
Media Development Authority
List of media companies & services provided at Infinite Studios
- Infinite Studios: Post-production (SFX, Audio & Video)
- AMX Audiophiles: Post-production (SFX, Audio & Video)
- Suite Sound: Post-production (SFX, Audio & Video)
- Discovery Networks: Broadcast (TV networks/TV channel provider)
- Rewind Networks: Broadcast (TV networks/TV channel provider)
- Globecast: Distribution/Playout services
- Arqiva: Distribution/Playout services
- MP & Silva: Distribution/Playout services
- Morpho Cards: Communications
- Namco Bandai Studios: Games development
- S Games: Games development
- Haymarket media: Advertising
- M&C Saatchi: Advertising
SOURCE Media Development Authority of Singapore
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved