Radical.FM Launches iOS App as First Step in Rollout of World's Most Accurate and Comprehensive Streaming Radio
Internet Radio Pioneers Disrupt Music Industry With Ad-Free Radio Service That Combines Unparalleled User Control With Professional Human Curation
August 20, 2013 --
VENICE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 08/20/13 -- Radical.FM (http://www.radical.fm/) today announced the U.S. launch of its innovative new music streaming service including world-first features like 'Custom Genres' and 'Unblock,' and the most comprehensive library in the industry. Powered by a unique 25-million-song catalogue Radical includes online rarities like The Beatles, AC/DC, and Bob Seger, all expertly curated into logical genres. A unique mixer allows users to tune personal stations to reflect their musical tastes with more control than any existing radio service. The Radical.FM app is now available for free download in the iTunes store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/radicalfm/id666778251
"While competitors were founded by technicians or musicians who wanted to bring music into the digital era, Radical was conceived by seasoned FM radio professionals who know that humans are better than algorithms at choosing your favorite songs," said Radical.FM CEO and Founder Thomas McAlevey. "Radical combines professional curation with your own hand-picked 'Custom Genres' to provide you with the most accurate personalized radio service in the world." Radical expands on the vision begun with Tomsradio.com in Sweden back in 1999, reflecting the knowledge gained from over a decade of refining the ultimate user-focused music service. Headquartered in California today, Radical is run by an elite team of experts spread over multiple continents. "The world's smallest multi-national corporation," grins McAlevey.
But Radical is also a corporation with a conscience, believing in a sustainable planet, global humanity, local action, and the universal right to a quality musical experience. Radical.FM is operated free of commercial interests on a 'Pay What You Can' basis, and the service includes informative Station IDs with integrated prompts for PayPal-based donations. Users contribute to Radical's efforts to remain commercial-free indefinitely, but regardless of donations Radical.FM compensates artists, composers, and labels for every song streamed.
Other highlights of the Radical.FM iOS app include:
- User-defined "Custom Genres" that can access 30 second previews of songs for curation. Once a Custom Genre contains 30 songs or more, it can be added to a station where the full-length song versions will be played.
- The ability to 'Tune' Personal Stations using intuitive sliders to adjust the values of active genres relative to one-another, and to easily add more genres at any time.
- An industry-unique feature that allows users not only to block songs or entire artists' catalogues but to retrieve them to active rotation later via the Unblock feature.
- A wide range of interactive options for the user from a simple, intuitive lean-back experience, enabled by a few clicks to the most immersive, customizable online radio service ever offered via "Custom Genres."
- An 'open-source' wiki that combines the expertise of music radio programming professionals with concrete feedback and requests of active users.
The Radical.FM app is now available for free download in the iTunes store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/radicalfm/id666778251. Android app and web based service are in development.
Radical.FM marries the interactive nature of Internet with the programming expertise of the entire broadcast radio industry. The company's music service incorporates expert curation plus "Custom Genres" that enable anyone to search through and select from 25 million songs. Unlike typical online radio services Radical.FM is programmed by hand, by human beings. With a powerful yet intuitive design, no other radio service allows such a high degree of control over an endless stream of music -- Radical is the ultimate personal radio station.
Founded in the summer of 2010 and headquartered on the boardwalk in Venice Beach, CA, Radical.FM continues a 14 year old tradition of pushing the boundaries of online radio. For more information visit http://www.radical.fm.
Copyright @ Marketwire