New Series: Cool Spaces! The Best New Architecture Launching On Public Television
March 24, 2014 --
NEW YORK, March 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Cool Spaces! The Best New Architecture, a prime-time series for public television launching in April 2014, will profile some of the most exciting architecture in the U.S. Hosted by Boston architect and educator Stephen Chung,each hour-long episode will focus on presenting cutting-edge, contemporary public buildings and spaces and the daring architects who push the boundaries of design.
Viewers will learn why a building was designed, how it was designed, and what makes it special. Launching with four episodes, the series will showcase the following:
- Dallas Cowboys Stadium (TX), HKS Architects
- Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts (MO), Safdie Architects
- Barclays Center (NY), ShoP Architects
- The Seattle Central Library (WA), OMA/LMN
- James B. Hunt Jr. Library (NC), Snohetta
- South Mountain Community Library (AZ), Richard+Bauer
- Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health (NV), Gehry Partners
- Yale Health Center (CT), Mack Scogin Merrill Elam Architects
- Health Sciences Education Building (AZ), CO Architects
- The Barnes Foundation (PA), Tod Williams Billie Tsien Architects
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art (MO), Steven Holl Architects
- Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture (NC), Freelon Group
- CoolSpaces.tv was designed to educate the public about architecture.
- Partnership with Northeastern University's School of Architecture to create educational initiatives
- Companion book, published by ORO Editions, available in April
Sponsor: The American Institute of Architects
Founded in 1857, members of the American Institute of Architects consistently work to create more valuable, healthy, secure, and sustainable buildings, neighborhoods, and communities. The AIA provides members with tools and resources to assist them in their careers and business as well as engaging civic and government leaders, and the public to find solutions to pressing issues facing our communities.
Sponsor: Bluebeam Software
Bluebeam Software makes smart, simple solutions for paperless workflows based on the PDF format. Founded in 2002 in Pasadena, CA., Bluebeam's award-winning PDF creation, markup, and collaboration solutions are used by the world's top architectural, engineering and construction firms, oil and gas companies, manufacturers, as well as government agencies and municipalities for dramatically improved workflow and more sustainable, paperless operations. Visitwww.bluebeam.com.
SOURCE Cool Spaces
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved