KDAY 93.5FM Delivers Strongest Quarterly Ratings Results in 2 Years!
Southern California's Legendary Radio Station KDAY hits new ratings and cume levels, as it grows stronger in Nielsen's Quarterly Ratings Confirming its Unique Appeal
July 11, 2014 --
LOS ANGELES, July 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- KDAY 93.5 FM, Southern California's original hip-hop and R&B radio station, and the first Radio Station of Meruelo Media, Southern California's leading minority-owned media group, announced today that it reached its highest Quarterly cume and AQH share ratings in two years for the second quarter of 2014 according to the recently-released Nielsen Audio July Personal People Meter (PPM) data.
Q2 2014 KDAY Rating Highlights,
- In Q2 2014 KDAY posted a significant audience increase with a total audience cume of over 1.17 million listeners and AQH at 14,800 with AQH share at 1.6
- Adults and Men 18-34 and Adults and Men 18-49, posted increases in total week with Men 18-34 registering the highest shares for the station overall.
- KDAY is a favorite of L.A. Millennials Persons 18-34 comprise more than 50% ofKDAY's total cume audience
- Persons 18-34 AQH shares increased significantly year to year
- Total week 18-34 AQH share grew from 2.3 2.9 (+26%)
- KDAY's gains are in the coveted Adults 18-49 demographic
- 18-49 total week cume grew 15% year to year
- 18-49 AQH share increased 28% - from 1.8 to 2.3 year to year
- Adults 25-54 AQH shares grew 20% year to year
Information sourced from Nielsen Audio Q22013 and Q2 2014.
KDAY will host its first annual Komedy Xplosion this July 25th 2014, at the Forum in Los Angeles.
About 93.5 KDAY
KDAY is the iconic Los Angeles radio station with roots as far back as the early 80's when it was the first station in the world to ever play commercial hip-hop. KDAY helped transform N.W.A. from an unknown group to one of the most prolific hip-hop groups ever, and it helped launch the careers of many mainstream artists such as Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Ice T, LL Cool J, and Queen Latifah. KDAY reflects and appeals to the diversity of the Southern California market with its unique and unmistakable West Coast sound.
About Meruelo Media
Meruelo Media is the media division of The Meruelo Group; they currently operate Southern California's Legendary hip-hop and R&B Radio Station, 93.5 KDAY and television stations in Los Angeles, Houston, Santa Barbara, and a Super Station on its digital KWHYTV 22.2 stream with carriage on Time Warner Cable. The Los Angeles station MundoFox 22 (KWHY22.1) is the flagship and local Los Angeles affiliate station of the MundoFOX Television Network. Meruelo Group is a diversified holding and investment company with a portfolio of companies in banking and financial services, restaurants, food services, construction and engineering, real estate, hotel and casino operations, public and private equity. For more information please visit www.meruelogroup.com.
Sales: Derek Beesemyer 323-337-1628
Media: Rebekah Salgado 562-228-8191
SOURCE Meruelo Group / Meruelo Media
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved