KDAY 93.5FM Delivers Consistent Growth in July
July Marks Eight (8) Consecutive Months of Over 1 Million Weekly Cume Listeners for Southern California's Legendary Radio Station KDAY 93.5FM
August 07, 2014 --
LOS ANGELES, Aug.7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --KDAY 93.5 FM, Southern California's original hip-hop and R&B radio station, and the first Radio Station of Meruelo Media, Southern California's leading minority-owned media group, announced impressive Nielsen Audio PPM results for KDAY with more than 1 million cume listeners concentrated in prime demographics tuning into the legendary station weekly.
May/June/July 2014 KDAY Rating Highlights,
- In the current 3 month average PPM Millennials (age 14-33) comprise nearly one in two KDAY total listeners and 52% of KDAY Hispanic listeners making KDAY A favorite radio destination for this highly sought-after consumer group.
- KDAY continues to gain year to year AQH shares in core demos:
- Men 18-34 (+20%) from 3.0 to 3.6
- Adults 18-34 (+17%) from 2.4 2.8
- Adults 18-49 (+17%) - from 1.8 to 2.1
- KDAY remains in the #1 spot as L.A. Metro's market leader with prime audience composition again in May/June/July '14 among general market stations.
- #1 Adults 18-34 cume composition 51% of audience, 172 index
- #1 Adults 18-49 cume composition 78% of audience, 142 index
- #1 Adults 25-49 cume composition 58% of audience, 134 index
* Nielsen Audio PPM Los Angeles Metro / May, June, July '14 avg.
About 93.5 KDAY
KDAY is the iconic Los Angeles radio station with roots as far back as the early 80's when it was the first station in the world to ever play commercial hip-hop. KDAY helped transform N.W.A. from an unknown group to one of the most prolific hip-hop groups ever, and it helped launch the careers of many mainstream artists such as Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Ice T, LL Cool J, and Queen Latifah. KDAY reflects and appeals to the diversity of the Southern California market with its unique and unmistakable West Coast sound.
About Meruelo Media
Meruelo Media is the media division of The Meruelo Group; they currently operate Southern California's Legendary hip-hop and R&B Radio Station, 93.5 KDAY and television stations in Los Angeles, Houston, Santa Barbara, and a Super Station on its digital KWHYTV 22.2 stream with carriage on Time Warner Cable. The Los Angeles station MundoFox 22 (KWHY22.1) is the flagship and local Los Angeles affiliate station of the MundoFOX Television Network. Meruelo Group is a diversified holding and investment company with a portfolio of companies in banking and financial services, restaurants, food services, construction and engineering, real estate, hotel and casino operations, public and private equity. For more information please visit www.meruelogroup.com.
Sales: Derek Beesemyer 323-337-1628
Media: Rebekah Salgado 562-228-8191
SOURCE Meruelo Group; Meruelo Media
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved