JCDecaux Wins Houston Intercontinental Airport Advertising Concession
January 30, 2014 --
PARIS, Jan. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announced today that it has been awarded a 7-year concession with a three years extension option to provide advertising services at Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport. The new advertising program will bring a new generation of digital advertising displays to that airport, including a network of 70 inch digital screens, high definition LED video walls and interactive directories in the baggage claim and concourse areas.
Withcloseto40millionpassengersin2013,including9millioninternational passengers, George Bush Intercontinental is the 10th busiest U.S. airport, serving the nation's tenth largest Demographic Market Area and one of the five fastest growing economies in the country.
Jean-Francois Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board and Co-Chief Executive Officer of JCDecaux, said: "Following the recent award of new advertising concessions at Los Angeles International and Boston Logan International airports, this new contract reinforces JCDecaux's global leadership in large international airports in the United States. This new concession will allow us to bring to Houston the latest generation of digital and interactive displays, to better serve our airport partners, the traveling public and our advertising clients."
Key Figures for the Group
- 2013 revenues: 2,676m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index
- No.1 worldwide in street furniture (434,700 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 150 airports and more than 280 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (358,100 advertising panels)
- No.1 in Europe for billboards (199,600 advertising panels)
- No.1 in outdoor advertising in the Asia-Pacific region (205,000 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide for self-service bicycle hire
- 1,002,800 advertising panels in more than 55 countries
- Present in 3,700 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 10,484 employees
SOURCE JCDecaux SA
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved