Hathway Cable and Datacom Limited Transforms Operations From Wholesale to Retail With Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management
Oracle Communications Consulting Supports Transformation Project to Increase Innovation and Improve Operational Effectiveness
December 19, 2013 --
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 12/19/13 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
To help meet government mandates and increase competitiveness with direct-to-home satellite cable companies, Hathway Cable and Datacom Limited selected Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management, Oracle Communications Online Mediation Controller and Oracle Communications ASAP to transform its back-office infrastructure and enhance customer interactions. Oracle Communications Consulting is leading the implementation to minimize customizations and keep the project on time and on budget.
- Oracle today announced that Hathway Cable and Datacom Limited -- one of the largest multi-system operators (MSOs) and cable broadband service providers in India -- is working with Oracle Communications Consulting on a business transformation program designed to seize the opportunity presented by India's cable TV service digitization.
- Hathway Cable and Datacom Limited selected Oracle Communications Consulting to implement Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management and Oracle Communications ASAP. Oracle Communications Consulting is using industry best practices and a solution-driven design method to help Hathway transition to a new retail business model, make its processes more customer-centric and comply with regulatory and license requirements.
- To help India's cable TV market shift from analog to digital services, the government mandated a four-phase implementation of digital addressable cable TV systems, with the final phase scheduled for completion by the end of 2014. The mandate is designed to help protect consumer interests, facilitate broadcasting and cable television service availability and ensure service quality.
- To help it meet the government mandate while maintaining its leadership position in the Indian cable TV market, Hathway selected Oracle to upgrade its billing system to enable new retail business models, such as digital addressable systems (DAS), as well as to support new bundles and price plans, personalized promotional offers and real-time customer notifications.
- The business transformation project will help Hathway create a 360-degree customer view across the transaction lifecycle. Specifically, Oracle will enable:
- Central account management via integrated customer management platforms to support multiple service offerings as well as personalized price plans and customer care
- Improved customer account visibility with converged billing for retail and wholesale customers across television and broadband accounts to better capture customer activity and reduce revenue leakage
- Enhanced operational effectiveness and increased charging infrastructure flexibility through customer-centric business process support
- Increased innovation and the ability to rapidly design and deploy new or updated services -- such as event-based pricing, custom channels, and video on demand -- and network interfaces with solutions based on the newest technology and aligned with TM Forum industry standards
- In addition, the company plans to implement Oracle Communications Online Mediation Controller to further transform its back office systems and expedite the design and deployment of new retail offerings and services.
- "Hathway is rapidly growing into a customer centric digital distribution company with aggressive plans to expand both our cable TV and broadband businesses. We want to deliver the best products to our customers with top-of-the-line service experience, and we are happy to work with Oracle in our digital retail journey," said Jagdish Kumar, managing director and chief executive officer, Hathway Cable and Datacom Limited.
- "In today's competitive telecommunications environment, the customer experience is a key differentiator for cable service providers looking to reduce churn and increase revenues. We are pleased to see Hathway Cable and Datacom Limited evolve its back-office infrastructure in order to meet industry and governmental standards and support customer-centric business processes," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management
- Oracle Communications Online Mediation Controller
- Oracle Communications ASAP
- Oracle Communications Consulting
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Hathway Cable and Datacom Ltd
Hathway (NSE:HATHWAY,BSE:533162) one of the leading cable television services provider in India, as well as one of the leading cable broadband services providers. Hathway offers cable television services across 140 cities and towns and high-speed cable broadband services across 20 cities. Hathway has been awarded the best MSO by the Indian Telly Awards for its quality Cable TV and Broadband Internet Services nine times and "Star News Brand Excellence Awards for Brand Excellence in Digital Products for Internet Services in 2011".Hathway has been voted as one of the best managed media companies in Asia 2013 based on a study conducted by EUROMONEY.
About Oracle Communications
Oracle Communications solutions span the communications industry landscape -- from cross-channel customer experience and business and operational support systems, to network service and session delivery and control solutions -- enabling service providers and enterprises to deliver and monetize innovative digital lifestyle services, build strong customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/communications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire