Gannett Wins 65 Regional Edward R. Murrow Awards
April 22, 2014 --
McLEAN, Va., April 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) announced today that 21 of its media organizations won a combined 65 regional 2014 Edward R. Murrow awards. Gannett Broadcast won 58 awards and U.S. Community Publishing (USCP) won seven awards. The competition is sponsored by the Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) and honors outstanding achievements in electronic journalism.
"With the largest group of journalists in the country, Gannett is committed to quality journalism that engages and informs the communities we serve," said Gracia Martore, Gannett president and CEO. "Winning 65 regional Edward R. Murrow awards is a great achievement and highlights the outstanding work being done in our local communities. We are honored to be recognized by the RTDNA."
Five Gannett broadcast stations, along with the Burlington (VT) Free Press, were among those winning the award for Overall Excellence, the highest award given. Other awards recognized excellence in reporting, feature reporting, sports, newscast, news documentary as well as several other categories.
Gannett Overall Excellence award winners:
- KTVB Boise, ID (won 6 awards)
- WGRZ Buffalo, NY (won 5 awards)
- The Burlington Free Press Burlington, VT (won 5 awards)
- WBIR Knoxville, TN (won 6 awards)
- WWL New Orleans, LA (won 2 awards)
- KSDK St. Louis, MO (won 3 awards)
Other winning Gannett properties include:
- WXIA Atlanta, GA (won 6 awards)
- WCNC Charlotte, NC (won 2 awards)
- WLTX Columbia, SC
- WFAA Dallas, TX (won 3 awards)
- KUSA Denver, CO (won 4 awards)
- The News-Press Fort Myers, FL
- WZZM Grand Rapids, MI (won 3 awards)
- KHOU Houston, TX
- KARE Minneapolis, MN (won 6 awards)
- WVEC Norfolk, VA
- WCSH Portland, ME
- Reno Gazette-Journal Reno, NV
- KING Seattle, WA (won 6 awards)
- KREM Spokane, WA
- WUSA Washington, DC
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 110 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people and the companies who want to reach them with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.
SOURCE Gannett Co., Inc.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved