Fifth Annual Cool Summer Nights at DPAC Featuring Eight Can't-Miss Events This June Through August
May 29, 2014 --
Durham, NC (PRWEB) May 29, 2014
Beat the summer heat with Cool Summer Nights at DPAC, Durham Performing Arts Center, showcasing eight cant-miss intimate event experiences as opportunities to escape the hot weather while enjoying superstar entertainment. From June to August, DPAC is pleased to present the Cool Summer Nights series in partnership with media sponsors FOX50 and Indy Week. Single tickets to each event are on sale now featuring Grammy®Award-winning legends, some of the hottest stars from reality TV, and five DPAC premieres. No rain. No heat. No humidity. Its better indoors at DPAC.
Cool Summer Nights at DPAC will consist of the following eight shows:
- June 5 From the Worlds Biggest Stages to a Rare Theater Experience, Weezer
- June 22 The Ultimate Summer Music Experience, Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band
- June 29 Julianne and Derek Hough Live on Stage, Move Live on Tour
- July 13 Top Ten Finalists Including NC Natives Caleb Johnson & Majesty Rose, American Idol Live!
- August 9 American Pop Legend with 19 Top-Ten Hits, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- August 17 An Intimate Evening of Rock, 3 Doors Down Acoustic
- August 24 Must-See Breakout Rock Group, NEEDTOBREATHE
- August 27 First Triangle Appearance with Large Band in 4 Years, Lyle Lovett & His Large Band
- Online at DPACnc.com/CoolSummerNights
- DPAC Ticket Center: 919.680.2787, 123 Vivian Street, Durham, NC
- Ticketmaster.com/DPACconcerts / Ticketmaster Charge by phone at 800.745.3000
Summer starts early with the Cool Summer Nights pre-party to take place in the Capitol Broadcasting Company Plaza at DPAC prior to each Cool Summer Nights performance. Featuring corn-hole, prize giveaways, an outdoor bar, FOX50s interactive ride ZU, and some of your favorite local radio DJs, the pre-party is the perfect start to each of the shows in this years line-up.
DPAC Ticket Center, located at 123 Vivian Street in Durham at the corner of Mangum and Vivian Streets, will begin summer hours starting Monday, June 16. From June 16 through September 1, DPAC Ticket Center will be open Tuesday-Friday 10am-5pm (Closed Mondays), Saturday 10am-2pm, and Sundays only when there is a scheduled performance starting three hours prior to show time.
Since its opening in 2008, DPAC, Durham Performing Arts Center, has become the center for live entertainment in the Triangle. Recognized for its contemporary design, DPAC features 2,700 seats, intimate sightlines and state-of-the art sound and video. Listed four times in the top 10 in Pollstar magazines annual worldwide theater attendance rankings, DPAC is currently the #4 ranked theater in the U.S.
What is up next at DPAC? The ultimate feel-good show MAMMA MIA (May 30-June 1), a rare theater experience with WEEZER (June 5), and I Love the 90s Tour featuring R&B superstars KEITH SWEAT with special guest 112 (June 6).
For more information please go to http://www.DPACnc.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/CoolSummerNightsDPAC/2014/prweb11894056.htm.