Catalyst CEO John Tredennick Selected as One of Six of the Most Important E-Discovery Trailblazers by The American Lawyer
Catalyst Team Celebrates 15 Years of Pioneering E-Discovery Moments
October 10, 2013 --
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 10/10/13 -- Catalyst Repository Systems, Inc. -- a pioneer of secure, cloud-based software to help corporations and their law firms take control of e-discovery, compliance and regulatory matters -- today announced that CEO John Tredennick is being honored by The American Lawyer as one of the six top E-Discovery Trailblazers at "The Top 50 Innovators for Big Law of the last 50 Years" reception in New York City tonight. This recognition is testament to Tredennick's vision and foresight in pioneering the use of technology to help corporations and law firms reduce costs, save time and make e-discovery easier.
"I have known John for over 20 years, having met him when he was a presenter at an ABA Techshow. It was clear to me then that he was way ahead of the technology curve," said Browning Marean, senior counsel, DLA Piper. "John is one of my tech heroes, leading the profession from pen and quill to ones and zeros."
"John is a respected and well-regarded member of the e-discovery community who has been pushing the industry forward for many years," said Barry Murphy, principal analyst at eDJ Group, Inc. "He is in great company with the other industry thought leaders recognized by The American Lawyer."
Since Catalyst began over 15 years ago as a part of the law firm Holland & Hart, the landscape for e-discovery has continually and rapidly changed. Tredennick's vision not only helped Catalyst keep pace with that change, but also propelled the company into a leadership role as a provider of one of the most innovative and advanced e-discovery software platforms in the industry. Catalyst delivered one of the first cloud-based document repositories and review software platforms and has served nearly 2,000 companies and law firms, including 30 of the Fortune 100 and 92 of the AmLaw 100. While supporting clients throughout the various stages of litigation and e-discovery, Catalyst has handled more than 50,000 cases, including one of the largest mergers in U.S. broadcasting history in which it hosted 1.6Tb of data comprised of nearly 10 million documents and produced nearly 3 million documents in less than 60 days.
Under Tredennick's pioneering leadership, Catalyst has consistently led the industry in offering a broad range of innovations, including:
- Among the first to deliver document repositories and review software via the cloud - Catalyst is one of the first comprehensive e-discovery platforms to take advantage of the economies and scalability of cloud computing. For the user, that means more power, lower cost and immediate access.
- Among the first to provide multi-language e-discovery support - Catalyst led the way in providing search, review and now technology-assisted review in multiple languages, including Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
- First to deliver an e-discovery software platform designed specifically for big data - Catalyst Insight utilizes a centralized legal repository built with XML and NoSQL technology to deliver lightning fast speed whether your case is large or small. Catalyst is a pioneer in offering single instance storage and multi-party and multi-matter e-discovery capabilities.
- First end-to-end e-discovery automation - Catalyst automated client data handling from processing through search, review and production, putting the power in the hands of the client.
- First Technology Assisted Review (TAR) product with continuous learning - Catalyst Insight Predict, an integrated part of Catalyst Insight, is redefining the current generation of TAR and predictive coding products with its Predictive Ranking technology.
"I am honored to have been selected as an e-discovery trailblazer," said Catalyst CEO John Tredennick. "The Catalyst team is celebrating 15 years of e-discovery innovations this year. When we began, many cases started out with boxes of documents. Mobile devices didn't exist as they do today and personal computers were powered by Pentium II and Celeron processors. I could see then that technology advances would not only cause fundamental upheaval in the legal marketplace, but also offer the way forward. I'm proud to have played a role in the evolution of the industry."
About Catalyst Repository Systems
For over 15 years, Catalyst has been a pioneer of delivering secure, cloud-based software to help corporations and their law firms take control of e-discovery, compliance and regulatory matters. Catalyst helps to ensure repeatable, defensible and measurable business processes that provide cost reduction and predictability, greater control over the e-discovery process and better visibility. The Catalyst Insight E-Discovery Platform and Insight Predict enable clients to successfully work with a single matter and seamlessly migrate to multi-matter discovery within the same software platform. A pioneer in global language e-discovery, advanced search and analytics methodologies, Predictive Ranking and big data e-discovery, Catalyst has served many of the largest companies and law firms in the world. For more information, please visit Catalyst at www.catalystsecure.com or follow us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/catalystsecure.
Copyright @ Marketwire