Canto Announces Cumulus 9 to Improve Ease of Use and Add Video Management Capabilities
September 17, 2013 --
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) September 17, 2013
Canto is pleased to announce plans to release version 9 of its flagship digital asset management (DAM) software, Cumulus, featuring an all-new web browser experience, added content sharing features and video management capabilities. In addition, the new release will include significant updates to boost server performance.
Cumulus is designed to integrate with existing enterprise systems to address the proliferation of digital content and expanding number of systems used to share and publish files. Cumulus 9 will bring unprecedented value to marketing departments, brand managers, content creators, content managers and content distributors within organizations looking to improve efficiency across digital content lifecycles.
To stay fresh and mark the 20th anniversary of Cumulus, Canto rolled out a new brand design and website in July 2013.
"Throughout the rebranding process we aimed to not only modernize the look and feel of our company and website, but also to solidify our commitment to customers," noted Jack McGannon, CEO at Canto. "We knew it was time to update not only the external face of Canto, but also the design of our products as well, to better meet the needs of todays business users. Feedback thus far has been very positive," McGannon commented.
"Its our strong commitment to solving customers digital content nightmares that continues to drive software development here at Canto," commented Carsten Hesse, Product Manager at Canto. Hesse continued, "Cumulus 9 is designed to give end-users a clean, modern interface expected from todays software systems, without sacrificing the sophisticated context-sensitive intelligence required of a world-class digital asset management solution."
Tom Barnouw, Manager of Apple Infrastructure at World Wrestling Entertainment said, "Cumulus is an invaluable tool at the WWE. Cumulus DAM in conjunction with Canto business partner Moksa's PresStore and WorkflowManager integration allows us to meet the needs of a complex set of workflows between our Creative and Photo departments. Were excited about the updates coming in Cumulus 9 to further simplify tagging, searching, archiving and restoring millions of files, which to-date has never been easier."
As more content is created, marketers tend to rely on a variety of contributors and systems to source creative, seek approvals, publish and expire old versions of high value content. Cumulus 9 enables marketers and archivists to seamlessly share digital files bi-directionally with systems and people both inside and outside the organization.
Upon release, Cumulus 9 will offer a range of new features and updates, including:
- New Cumulus Web UI a new web client user interface satisfies demands for a consumer-based user experience, while maintaining robust functionality behind the scenes.
- Upload Links Cumulus users may send upload links to any outside collaborator, photographer, videographer or freelancer to drag and drop files directly into Cumulus, without needing a Cumulus account.
- Cumulus Video Cloud extends the robust video handling capabilities of tagging, searching, and cataloging in Cumulus and adds conversion and global streaming.
- Cumulus Video Converter a component of Cumulus Video Cloud, Cumulus Video Converter converts uploaded video files to popular formats with a single click and provides download links for each, including flv, wmv, mp4, mp3, 3gp and more.
- Cumulus Video Streaming also part of Cumulus Video Cloud, Cumulus Video Streaming automatically detects the viewers device and connection speed to serve up the optimum viewing experience.
- RoboFlow UI newly updated workflow management user interface improves system administrators user experience.
- Server performance improvements routine updates expected with new software releases are also included up to 30% faster server performance during early testing.
Upon product availability, Canto will offer a choice of two software configurations.
- Cumulus 9 Cloud-Hosted Solution secure, dedicated environment maintained by Canto Professional Services.
- Cumulus 9 On-Premise Solution secure, highly customizable solution installed at the customers site.
Cumulus 9 will be available in early fourth quarter 2013 direct from Canto and from Certified Reseller Partners worldwide.
Canto will offer software license and professional services packages for medium and larger size installations with configurations based on business needs.
Canto is driven by the idea of delivering digital content more intelligently. This has made the company one of the global leaders in the digital asset management community. By always putting the focus on its users, Canto delivers scalable software and services that match clients needs. Cantos Cumulus product line fits directly into clients platforms, giving them greater ability to manage and deliver content across the full range of systems and devices protecting their brands assets, and ensuring efficiency. More than one million users from a wide spectrum of market segments have trusted Cantos expertise since the companys founding in 1990. Based in San Francisco (USA), Berlin and Linden (Germany), Canto is privately held and serves a worldwide customer base in close cooperation with its worldwide partner network.
Follow Canto on Twitter: @Canto.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/9/prweb11115509.htm.