Ad Council Elects 21 New Members to Board of Directors
April 22, 2014 --
NEW YORK, April 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Ad Council, a non-profit organization and the largest producer of national public service advertising (PSA) in the U.S., announced today that 21 new members were elected to their Board of Directors at the organization's board meeting earlier this month. David Kenny, CEO of The Weather Company and current board member, was elected Vice Chair of Media.
The Ad Council Board of Directors is comprised of leading executives from all areas of marketing, including media companies, advertising agencies and advertisers, as well as research companies and digital agencies. The board provides guidance on creative strategy, media placement and outreach and helps secure funding for the organization's operations. The board is led by Debra Lee, Chairman & CEO of BET Networks.
The new members of the Board of Directors are:
- Gordon Abel, Executive Director, JPMorgan Chase
- Michael Accavitti, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Acura, American Honda Motor Company, Inc.
- Barbara Basney, Vice President, Global Advertising and Media, Xerox Corporation
- Ned Brody, Head of the Americas, Yahoo
- Deanie Elsner, Executive Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, Kraft Foods
- James D. Farley, Executive Vice President, Global Marketing, Sales, Service and Lincoln, Ford Motor Company
- Brad Jakeman, President, PepsiCo Global Beverages Group, PepsiCo, Inc.
- Berry Jasin, Senior Vice President National Sales, Consolidated & Revenue Chief - Mega TV, Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Matthew Jauchius, Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer, Nationwide
- Karen Kornbluh, Executive Vice President, External Affairs, Nielsen
- Gustavo Martinez, Global President, JWT
- Peter McGuinness, Chief Marketing & Brand Officer, Chobani
- Jim Norton, Global Head of Media Sales, AOL
- John Piccone, Chief Revenue Officer, Simulmedia
- Andy Polansky, Chief Executive Officer, Weber Shandwick
- Raja Rajamannar, Chief Marketing Officer, MasterCard Worldwide
- Nada Stirratt, Chief Revenue Officer, Acxiom
- Megan Stooke, General Director of Global Marketing, General Motors
- Stacey Tank, Senior Vice President & Chief Corporate Relations Officer, Heineken USA Inc.
- Todd Teresi, Vice President, iAd, Apple Inc.
- Elizabeth Weil, Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
"Our new board members join us from a wide variety of industries and bring with them expertise that will be invaluable to the Ad Council and our national campaigns," said Peggy Conlon, President & CEO of the Ad Council. "With backgrounds in marketing, advertising, public relations, social and digital media, the new members possess knowledge and leadership that will augment our campaigns. I look forward to seeing what innovation they bring to our causes."
The Ad Council produces 50 national public service campaigns annually on behalf of non-profit organizations and federal government agencies. The creative is developed pro bono by leading ad agencies throughout the country and the ads are run in time and space donated by the media.
Please find the full list of Ad Council board members here.
The Ad Council
The Ad Council has a rich history of marshaling volunteer talent from the advertising and media industries to deliver critical messages to the American public. Having produced literally thousands of PSA campaigns addressing the most pressing social issues of the day, the Ad Council has affected, and continues to effect, tremendous positive change by raising awareness, inspiring action and saving lives. To learn more about the Ad Council and its campaigns, visitwww.adcouncil.org, like us onFacebook, follow us onTwitteror view our PSAs on YouTube.
SOURCE The Ad Council
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved